Failing tests for Interval

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there.

What about those failing tests? Can they be fixed or should they go to #expectedFailures?

Best,
Marcel

Re: Failing tests for Interval

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Marcel,

On Dec 12, 2019, at 5:09 AM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, there.

<image.png>

Use your words ;-). Further, I need to know on which VM (ISA & OS) they appear.  And it is also useful to find out if there are any VMs on which they pass.

What about those failing tests? Can they be fixed or should they go to #expectedFailures?

Stuff like socket tests that fail because of missing infrastructure etc may not be fixable.  But basic arithmetic should always be fixable, otherwise things are seriously broken with our entire ecosystem :-)

Levente raised an issue that could be related to these failures and ill investigate asap (it may have to be the weekend; I have pressing work responsibilities).

Are we ensuring that we are running tests across all our release VMs?

Best,
Marcel

Re: Failing tests for Interval

marcel.taeumel
Hi Eliot.

Use your words ;-).

I'll try my best. :-) The following tests fail on my system:

IntervalTest >> #testIntervalOfFloatLast
IntervalTest >> #testIntervalOfFloatReversed
IntervalTest >> #testSurprisingFuzzyInclusionBehavior

This is my system:

Squeak5.3beta #19270
- Image format 6521 (32 bit)
- VM 201911282316
- OS Windows 10 (Surface Pro 6)

I think that Nicolas is aware of the issue:

Best,
Marcel

Am 12.12.2019 15:57:53 schrieb Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Nicolas Cellier
 Hi Marcel,
Interval of Float are nasty beasts and the tests somehow document that.
I have proposed some partial "fix" but I'm not sure if it's worth the complexification or not, that's why I put in inbox.
So if no one is sure, just mark as expected failures.