Fast paced and impressive DabbleDB Video online

Fast paced and impressive DabbleDB Video online

Markus Gälli-3
http://dabbledb.com/utr/

Thanks Avi and Andrew.
Good luck with that killer app!

Cheers,

Markus

Re: Fast paced and impressive DabbleDB Video online

Lord ZealoN
This app is under squeak?

2006/3/21, Markus Gaelli <[hidden email]>:
http://dabbledb.com/utr/

Thanks Avi and Andrew.
Good luck with that killer app!

Cheers,

Markus

Re: Fast paced and impressive DabbleDB Video online

Bert Freudenberg-3
Squeak and Seaside, yes.

- Bert -

Am 21.03.2006 um 12:17 schrieb Lord ZealoN:

> This app is under squeak?
>
> 2006/3/21, Markus Gaelli <[hidden email]>: http://dabbledb.com/
> utr/
>
> Thanks Avi and Andrew.
> Good luck with that killer app!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus

Re: Fast paced and impressive DabbleDB Video online

Lord ZealoN
Is pretty.

2006/3/21, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:
Squeak and Seaside, yes.

- Bert -

Am 21.03.2006 um 12:17 schrieb Lord ZealoN:

> This app is under squeak?
>
> 2006/3/21, Markus Gaelli <[hidden email]>: http://dabbledb.com/
> utr/
>
> Thanks Avi and Andrew.
> Good luck with that killer app!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus

Re: Fast paced and impressive DabbleDB Video online

Bert Freudenberg-3
Sure. Just leave the artwork to an artist :)

That's what we do for our products, anyway. People always seem
surprised that "this is Squeak?!" - why, yes, sure, it's just pixels
on the screen. BitBlt doesn't particularly care what it's shoving
around ;)

In the case of DabbleDB of course it's not BitBlt but a browser
rendering using HTML+CSS, and I'm pretty sure it's not by chance that
they took the video on Mac OS X, in Safari (which can be seen in one
frame of the video), using Apple-designed widgets, to give it the
best possible look.

I wonder why people equate the Squeak dev-tools look with the final
application. I mean, many people build shiny apps in, say, Emacs, but
nobody seems surprised the result doesn't look like Emacs ...

- Bert -

Am 21.03.2006 um 12:40 schrieb Lord ZealoN:

> Is pretty.
>
> 2006/3/21, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>: Squeak and Seaside, yes.
>
> - Bert -
>
> Am 21.03.2006 um 12:17 schrieb Lord ZealoN:
>
> > This app is under squeak?
> >
> > 2006/3/21, Markus Gaelli <[hidden email]>: http://dabbledb.com/
> > utr/
> >
> > Thanks Avi and Andrew.
> > Good luck with that killer app!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Markus

Re: Fast paced and impressive DabbleDB Video online

stéphane ducasse-2
I agree but if the look of squeak would be better (cf like the henrik
one for example) then we will be cooler
and smarter suddenly. Look at the web site and compare to the old
one. Same here, so if squeak
wants to attract people the look is important.

Look is important. Nobody would buy a bad looking iPod with a crappy
interface at that price :)

Stef