File error on open and sound reverb problem again

12

Re: File error on open and sound reverb problem again

Mike Lee-12
Stephen,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to successfully demo
our template file this past Sunday with about a dozen volunteers from
the Special Libraries Association who will be working in the 700
lesson files in Etoys on their own in the coming days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/6376689783/in/photostream

I made a 29-minute screencast of our process and posted it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcwApLN7DA

And the supporting document is on Scribd:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/73438581/LubutoLiteracy-Lessons-Production-Notes-for-Lubuto-Volunteers-v1-1

Mike

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'd still like the project local reverb disable button in the Score
>> Player to work one day sooner than later.
>
> Tested in 4.1.2 Alpha  (next version not yet released) and it seems Karl
> fixed the reverb problems. So hopefully sooner.
> Of course the really cool things in next version are: Pie's, Stencil's and
> perhaps one or two other surprises!!!
> Stephen

Re: File error on open and sound reverb problem again

Steve Thomas
Mike,

Great job, wonderfully documented.  700 Etoys lesson files WOW!!!

Thanks,
Stephen

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stephen,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to successfully demo
our template file this past Sunday with about a dozen volunteers from
the Special Libraries Association who will be working in the 700
lesson files in Etoys on their own in the coming days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/6376689783/in/photostream

I made a 29-minute screencast of our process and posted it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcwApLN7DA

And the supporting document is on Scribd:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/73438581/LubutoLiteracy-Lessons-Production-Notes-for-Lubuto-Volunteers-v1-1

Mike

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'd still like the project local reverb disable button in the Score
>> Player to work one day sooner than later.
>
> Tested in 4.1.2 Alpha  (next version not yet released) and it seems Karl
> fixed the reverb problems. So hopefully sooner.
> Of course the really cool things in next version are: Pie's, Stencil's and
> perhaps one or two other surprises!!!
> Stephen

Re: File error on open and sound reverb problem again

Karl Ramberg
Hi
Awesome project. I am really impressed. I see you put a lot of effort and hours into it.
And you have collected a lot of sound resources.
Reverb does not sound good at all on the spoken sounds.

The book turn page sound can be turned of.

I saw you had some issues that popped up. Like a pre-debugger window at some point.
That should really not happen.
If I had access to the project I could take a look at it.

The shared flap tools becoming duplicated is a maybe a feature :-)
We could do some checking if a similar named flap was present it would be replaced by the shared one.
This we have to look into.

Karl

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mike,

Great job, wonderfully documented.  700 Etoys lesson files WOW!!!

Thanks,
Stephen

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stephen,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to successfully demo
our template file this past Sunday with about a dozen volunteers from
the Special Libraries Association who will be working in the 700
lesson files in Etoys on their own in the coming days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/6376689783/in/photostream

I made a 29-minute screencast of our process and posted it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LcwApLN7DA

And the supporting document is on Scribd:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/73438581/LubutoLiteracy-Lessons-Production-Notes-for-Lubuto-Volunteers-v1-1

Mike

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Steve Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'd still like the project local reverb disable button in the Score
>> Player to work one day sooner than later.
>
> Tested in 4.1.2 Alpha  (next version not yet released) and it seems Karl
> fixed the reverb problems. So hopefully sooner.
> Of course the really cool things in next version are: Pie's, Stencil's and
> perhaps one or two other surprises!!!
> Stephen

Re: File error on open and sound reverb problem again

Mike Lee-12
Thanks Karl.

Given the Thanksgiving holiday here, I have some days before the
volunteers dive into the work. I will issue this as a v8 template.

One issue a volunteer encountered was clicking on the book caused it
to stick to the cursor despite the book being set to resist being
picked up. Someone else also wondered if there is a Send to back key
command. I couldn't find one.

Mike

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:56 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> The Sound reverb was still not set correctly in the project.
> A fixed version attached
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> The files used in that screencast are attached. My answers below...
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:03 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> > Awesome project. I am really impressed. I see you put a lot of effort
>> > and
>> > hours into it.
>> > And you have collected a lot of sound resources.
>> > Reverb does not sound good at all on the spoken sounds.
>> > The book turn page sound can be turned of.
>>
>> I'll place a note in the final documentation for the lesson files,
>> which I will complete in January after the files are posted to the
>> Lubuto web site, on how to change or deactivate the turn page sound.
>>
>> > I saw you had some issues that popped up. Like a pre-debugger window at
>> > some
>> > point.
>> > That should really not happen.
>> > If I had access to the project I could take a look at it.
>>
>> Attached. Happy to supply anything else you may need.
>>
>> > The shared flap tools becoming duplicated is a maybe a feature :-)
>> > We could do some checking if a similar named flap was present it would
>> > be
>> > replaced by the shared one.
>>
>> Probably not worth the effort as this templating procedure is an edge
>> case.
>>
>> > This we have to look into.
>> > Karl

Re: File error on open and sound reverb problem again

Karl Ramberg
There is no key binding for Send to back.

How the stick to mouse happens is hard to understand.
If this happens again ask for as much info as possible.
Maybe even to make the whole image to be made available so we can try to track down the bug.

Karl

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Karl.

Given the Thanksgiving holiday here, I have some days before the
volunteers dive into the work. I will issue this as a v8 template.

One issue a volunteer encountered was clicking on the book caused it
to stick to the cursor despite the book being set to resist being
picked up. Someone else also wondered if there is a Send to back key
command. I couldn't find one.

Mike

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:56 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
> The Sound reverb was still not set correctly in the project.
> A fixed version attached
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> The files used in that screencast are attached. My answers below...
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:03 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> > Awesome project. I am really impressed. I see you put a lot of effort
>> > and
>> > hours into it.
>> > And you have collected a lot of sound resources.
>> > Reverb does not sound good at all on the spoken sounds.
>> > The book turn page sound can be turned of.
>>
>> I'll place a note in the final documentation for the lesson files,
>> which I will complete in January after the files are posted to the
>> Lubuto web site, on how to change or deactivate the turn page sound.
>>
>> > I saw you had some issues that popped up. Like a pre-debugger window at
>> > some
>> > point.
>> > That should really not happen.
>> > If I had access to the project I could take a look at it.
>>
>> Attached. Happy to supply anything else you may need.
>>
>> > The shared flap tools becoming duplicated is a maybe a feature :-)
>> > We could do some checking if a similar named flap was present it would
>> > be
>> > replaced by the shared one.
>>
>> Probably not worth the effort as this templating procedure is an edge
>> case.
>>
>> > This we have to look into.
>> > Karl

Re: File error on open and sound reverb problem again

Karl Ramberg
You can pick up the book from the top bar.
You disable this by the top bar halo menu.
Right click two times on the top bar you cet the halo for it, and select resist being picked up.

There are a little stuff left behind the book in project 'Citonga 1 Afabeti 7' that can be deleted.

Karl

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no key binding for Send to back.

How the stick to mouse happens is hard to understand.
If this happens again ask for as much info as possible.
Maybe even to make the whole image to be made available so we can try to track down the bug.

Karl

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Karl.

Given the Thanksgiving holiday here, I have some days before the
volunteers dive into the work. I will issue this as a v8 template.

One issue a volunteer encountered was clicking on the book caused it
to stick to the cursor despite the book being set to resist being
picked up. Someone else also wondered if there is a Send to back key
command. I couldn't find one.

Mike

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:56 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
> The Sound reverb was still not set correctly in the project.
> A fixed version attached
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Mike Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> The files used in that screencast are attached. My answers below...
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:03 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> > Awesome project. I am really impressed. I see you put a lot of effort
>> > and
>> > hours into it.
>> > And you have collected a lot of sound resources.
>> > Reverb does not sound good at all on the spoken sounds.
>> > The book turn page sound can be turned of.
>>
>> I'll place a note in the final documentation for the lesson files,
>> which I will complete in January after the files are posted to the
>> Lubuto web site, on how to change or deactivate the turn page sound.
>>
>> > I saw you had some issues that popped up. Like a pre-debugger window at
>> > some
>> > point.
>> > That should really not happen.
>> > If I had access to the project I could take a look at it.
>>
>> Attached. Happy to supply anything else you may need.
>>
>> > The shared flap tools becoming duplicated is a maybe a feature :-)
>> > We could do some checking if a similar named flap was present it would
>> > be
>> > replaced by the shared one.
>>
>> Probably not worth the effort as this templating procedure is an edge
>> case.
>>
>> > This we have to look into.
>> > Karl

Re: File error on open and sound reverb problem again

Mike Lee-12
Karl,

I figured out my issue with the book. Resist being picked up was set
on the entire backplane of the book, not the nav bar where it has been
an issue. I set the grey nav bar within the book to resist being
picked up and the behavior is as I expect. This will reduce
frustration when the volunteer accidentally clicks outside of the page
turn button and the book sticks to the cursor.

Mike

12