FilteredBrowser no longer working

Rob Withers
I have a FilteredBrowser class that is no longer working.   I am trying to
set a class organizer and it tries to access the environment of the class.
This has clearly changed.  What should I do to get this fixed?

SmalltalkImage(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #environmentForCategory:

I attached the FilteredBrowser class which used to work in like 3.8 or so.

Thanks,
Rob

----
The Modern Whig Party of Virginia - http://vawhigs.org

FilteredBrowser.st (2K) Download Attachment

Re: FilteredBrowser no longer working

Rob Withers
Here's the code I am trying to run:

        | envt |
        envt := Smalltalk environmentForCategory: #'SSL-Handshake Msgs'.
        ^ envt at: #SSLServerHelloMsg

----
The Modern Whig Party of Virginia - http://vawhigs.org

> I have a FilteredBrowser class that is no longer working.   I am trying to
> set a class organizer and it tries to access the environment of the class.
> This has clearly changed.  What should I do to get this fixed?
>
> SmalltalkImage(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #environmentForCategory:
>
> I attached the FilteredBrowser class which used to work in like 3.8 or so.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> ----
> The Modern Whig Party of Virginia - http://vawhigs.org

Re: FilteredBrowser no longer working

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010, Rob Withers wrote:

> I have a FilteredBrowser class that is no longer working.   I am trying to
> set a class organizer and it tries to access the environment of the class.
> This has clearly changed.  What should I do to get this fixed?
>
> SmalltalkImage(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #environmentForCategory:
>
> I attached the FilteredBrowser class which used to work in like 3.8 or so.

Environments were removed in 3.9, though #environmentForCategory: was
present, but it was deprecated. Since we still don't have namespaces, just
use Smalltalk globals.

Levente

> Thanks,
> Rob