Fireworks

Alexander Lazarevic'
Close to/After the beginning of 2008 it might be a good time for an
(ugly) but fun hack! ;)

The project can be loaded into a 3.9 image.

http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/fireworks.002.pr

This should also work, but no guaranties...

http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/fireworks.002.pr

Cheers (in every sense),
   Alex :D

PS: This is the result of some fun hours of hacking, but shouldn't be
looked at closely! After all this should be much nicer in kedama!
PPS: Use Alt-. to stop it

Re: Fireworks

Herbert König
Hello Alexander,

thanks a lot, I'll try to learn from it and change a few things.
AL> Close to/After the beginning of 2008 it might be a good time for an
AL> (ugly) but fun hack! ;)

AL> The project can be loaded into a 3.9 image.

These .st also work in 3.7 and 3.8. Just file them in and in a
Workspace do: FireworksAnimation start.

Had to change Rocket>>die to use Float>>pi as 3.7 and 3.8 don't have
Float>>twoPi though the constant Twopi is defined in Float.

AL> PS: This is the result of some fun hours of hacking, but shouldn't be
AL> looked at closely! After all this should be much nicer in kedama!

With you kind permission I'll look at it anyway :-)) It's small and cute
and I believe I can understand it with little effort. Looks like a fun
target to practise my (barely existing) refactoring skills.

Thanks again.

AL> PPS: Use Alt-. to stop it

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Fireworks.zip (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Fireworks

Michael van der Gulik-2

On Jan 1, 2008 4:37 AM, Alexander Lazarevic' <[hidden email]> wrote:
Close to/After the beginning of 2008 it might be a good time for an
(ugly) but fun hack! ;)

The project can be loaded into a 3.9 image.

http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/fireworks.002.pr

This should also work, but no guaranties...

http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/fireworks.002.pr

That's really cool!

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/

Re: Fireworks

Bert Freudenberg
On Jan 1, 2008, at 21:52 , Michael van der Gulik wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2008 4:37 AM, Alexander Lazarevic'
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Close to/After the beginning of 2008 it might be a good time for an
> (ugly) but fun hack! ;)
>
> The project can be loaded into a 3.9 image.
>
> http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/fireworks.002.pr

Nice!

> This should also work, but no guaranties...
>
> http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://www.lazarevic.de/download/
> squeak/fireworks.002.pr

No, it does not, at least not with the Squeakland plugin image.

- Bert -

Re: Fireworks

Alexander Lazarevic'
Hello Herbert!

Herbert König schrieb:

> thanks a lot, I'll try to learn from it and change a few things.
> AL> Close to/After the beginning of 2008 it might be a good time for an
> AL> (ugly) but fun hack! ;)
>
> AL> The project can be loaded into a 3.9 image.
>
> These .st also work in 3.7 and 3.8. Just file them in and in a
> Workspace do: FireworksAnimation start.
>
> Had to change Rocket>>die to use Float>>pi as 3.7 and 3.8 don't have
> Float>>twoPi though the constant Twopi is defined in Float.
>
> AL> PS: This is the result of some fun hours of hacking, but shouldn't be
> AL> looked at closely! After all this should be much nicer in kedama!
>
> With you kind permission I'll look at it anyway :-)) It's small and cute
> and I believe I can understand it with little effort. Looks like a fun
> target to practise my (barely existing) refactoring skills.

Sure. Have fun with it. This is like something scribbled on a napkin and
passed along for a good laugh and others can add their ideas if they want.
You can change many things to see what happens, e.g. how long (relative
to their lifetime) the rockets accelerate, the distribution of the
flares or ...
A nice effect is also if you have short lived flares, that create new
flares when they burn out.

Thanks for making this work in 3.7 and 3.8!

Alex

Re: Fireworks

Alexander Lazarevic'
Hello Bert!

Bert Freudenberg schrieb:
> No, it does not, at least not with the Squeakland plugin image.
Hm, true. Herberts Versions works with the Squeakland plugin image, but
I can't save a project to a local file the way I did in 3.9. The
"Project  saving progress bar" just stays there?!

Alex

Re: Fireworks

Edgar J. De Cleene

>> On Jan 1, 2008 4:37 AM, Alexander Lazarevic'
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Close to/After the beginning of 2008 it might be a good time for an
>> (ugly) but fun hack! ;)
>>
>> The project can be loaded into a 3.9 image.
>>
>> http://www.lazarevic.de/download/squeak/fireworks.002.pr

Very cool!! Happy New Year to you.

Works on 3.10 , 3.10 users should check image is set to 32 depth and not to
16 as last gamma.

Edgar

Re: Fireworks

Alexander Lazarevic'