[Fix] Metaclasses and --all-- method category

[Fix] Metaclasses and --all-- method category

Alexandre Bergel-2
In the definition of a the metamodel of the OB code browser, the
allCategory was not added to the metaclass node. It means that you
could not get the --all-- method category when browsing a metaclass.
This fix does it. You can now see all the methods of a metaclass.

Please, forgive me if it is not the right way to submit changes and
enhancement... Feel free to point me a _short_ and concise
description about how to submit a fix, if I got it completely wrong.

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.cs.tcd.ie/Alexandre.Bergel

OBAllMethodCategoryFix.1.cs (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [Fix] Metaclasses and --all-- method category

Lukas Renggli
> Please, forgive me if it is not the right way to submit changes and
> enhancement... Feel free to point me a _short_ and concise
> description about how to submit a fix, if I got it completely wrong.

I asked the same question several times as well and I still wonder
where to publish fixes to OmniBrowser?

I would prefer to have a public Monticello repository somewhere, where
I could publish a couple of fixes and some cool enhancements
(inspector framework based on OmniBrowser) that I have ready.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Fix] Metaclasses and --all-- method category ([closed] on Mantis ID 3214)

Ken Causey-3
This issue can be found now in the Mantis database at

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3214

In all cases, whether it is for code in the Squeak image, or for a
Squeak external package, the default location for all bug reports,
fixes, etc. is the Mantis database

http://bugs.impara.de/

Of course if a package maintainer specifies another method then you
should follow those instructions.  But until then the best place to
report all issues is on the Mantis server.

By the way, it's best if you compress changesets since bad servers and
clients can fiddle with the line endings which can be a problem.  I
gzipped your attachment before uploading it.

Ken

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 16:32 +0000, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> In the definition of a the metamodel of the OB code browser, the
> allCategory was not added to the metaclass node. It means that you
> could not get the --all-- method category when browsing a metaclass.
> This fix does it. You can now see all the methods of a metaclass.
>
> Please, forgive me if it is not the right way to submit changes and
> enhancement... Feel free to point me a _short_ and concise
> description about how to submit a fix, if I got it completely wrong.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: [Fix] Metaclasses and --all-- method category

Colin Putney

On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Please, forgive me if it is not the right way to submit changes and
>> enhancement... Feel free to point me a _short_ and concise
>> description about how to submit a fix, if I got it completely wrong.
>
> I asked the same question several times as well and I still wonder
> where to publish fixes to OmniBrowser?
>
> I would prefer to have a public Monticello repository somewhere, where
> I could publish a couple of fixes and some cool enhancements
> (inspector framework based on OmniBrowser) that I have ready.

Cool!

Mailing me a change set or Monticello version is a perfectly good way
to contribute, no worries. Another way would be to mail me the URL of
a public Monticello repository I can pull the versions from. My own
work is always available from my public repository at:

http://monticello.wiresong.ca/ob/

I do plan to provide public commit access to the "official"
OmniBrowser repository in the near future, but it might take a little
while to sort out the security issues. Hang in there.

Thanks for your contributions, guys.

Colin

Re: [Fix] Metaclasses and --all-- method category

Ken Causey-3
Colin,

Are you making use of the OminBrowser category of the Squeak Packages
project at http://bugs.impara.de/ ?  If so, can I set you as the
developer for that category so you will automatically get email any time
a new issue is categorized under it?  If not, I guess I need to remove
that category and we need to somehow direct people to send their issues
elsewhere.

Thanks,

Ken

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 14:34 -0500, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
> >> Please, forgive me if it is not the right way to submit changes and
> >> enhancement... Feel free to point me a _short_ and concise
> >> description about how to submit a fix, if I got it completely wrong.
> >
> > I asked the same question several times as well and I still wonder
> > where to publish fixes to OmniBrowser?
> >
> > I would prefer to have a public Monticello repository somewhere, where
> > I could publish a couple of fixes and some cool enhancements
> > (inspector framework based on OmniBrowser) that I have ready.
>
> Cool!
>
> Mailing me a change set or Monticello version is a perfectly good way
> to contribute, no worries. Another way would be to mail me the URL of
> a public Monticello repository I can pull the versions from. My own
> work is always available from my public repository at:
>
> http://monticello.wiresong.ca/ob/
>
> I do plan to provide public commit access to the "official"
> OmniBrowser repository in the near future, but it might take a little
> while to sort out the security issues. Hang in there.
>
> Thanks for your contributions, guys.
>
> Colin

Re: [Fix] Metaclasses and --all-- method category

stéphane ducasse-2
Excellent Colin, please provide a public entry point.
Lukas wants to add icons (I designed some of them) to show all kind
of information in OB :)
And this would be quite cool.

Stef