Fixes to the SqueakSSL Plugin

1 message Options

Fixes to the SqueakSSL Plugin

Tobias Pape-3
Dear Smalltalkers

Starting with Levente Uzonyi's patches to the Linux version
of the SqueakSSL-Plugin, we (Marcel Taeumel and me) have
ported this to the OS X and Windows version as well.

Find three binaries[1] that can be used instead of
the ones found on versions found on SqueakSSL's google code
page.

SqueakSSL:
- x86 32bit Linux ELF dynamic library
- Contains Levente's SNI feature
  - needs SqueakSSL-ul.29 or equivalent for SNI support
  - can work without.
- NOT linked against OpenSSL, but
  _statically_ linked against LibreSSL 2.1.6 [2].
- It should work on older and newer Debian/Ubuntu as well as on
  CentOS/RedHat/SuSE systems.

SqueakSSL.dll
- x86 32bit Windows dll (built with Visual Studio 2013)
- Uses Schannel API
- SNI Support
  - needs SqueakSSL-ul.29 or equivalent for SNI support
  - can work without.
- setting an Int property via sqSetIntPropertySSL(...)
- Unicode problems when extracting the correct peerName in sqExtractPeerName

SqueakSSL.bundle
 - x86 32bit OS X Mach-O dylib (Linked against OS X 10.5 SDK)
 - Uses Security-Framework
 - SNI Support
  - needs SqueakSSL-ul.29 or equivalent for SNI support
  - can work without.

The changes necessary for Windows and OS X are not yet available in the
squeakvm svn, the linux ones are.
 I have not yet found a good way to include the static linking in either
the way the Autoconf works for Cog or CMake works for the interpreter,
but I'll follow-up to this.

Best regards
        -Tobias

[1]: http://forum.world.st/file/n4820846/squeakssl.zip