Float storage as Double?

12

Re: Mandelbrot/Julia Sets Re: [squeak-dev] Float storage as Double?

Josh Gargus
What kind of GPU does your computer have?  Sounds like it might not support OpenCL.

Which 'first' is the problem?  The one after #allPlatforms or #allGPUs?  I'm guessing the latter.

Cheers,
Josh

On May 1, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> On 5/1/10 11:04 PM, Josh Gargus wrote:
>> All this talk of Mandelbrot sets prompted me to write a Julia Set morph using my OpenCL framework.  Here's how to try it out in a 4.1 image...
>>
>> First, load the code:
>>
>> Installer squeak
>> project: 'FFI';
>> install: 'FFI-Pools';
>> install: 'FFI-Kernel'.
>> Installer ss
>> project: 'OpenCL';
>> install: 'OpenCL'.
>>
>> Once the code has loaded, evaluate:
>> OpenCLJuliaSetMorph new openInHand
>>

> Unfortunately all examples error with subscript is out of bounds:1
>

> higlighting 'first'.
>
> device := OpenCLPlatform allPlatforms first allGPUs first.
>

> Lawson
>
> MacOS X Pro SnowLeopard x.6.3

Re: Mandelbrot/Julia Sets Re: [squeak-dev] Float storage as Double?

LawsonEnglish
On 5/1/10 11:45 PM, Josh Gargus wrote:
> What kind of GPU does your computer have?  Sounds like it might not support OpenCL.

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

   Chipset Model:    ATI Radeon HD 2600
   Type:    GPU
   Bus:    PCIe
   Slot:    Slot-1
> Which 'first' is the problem?  The one after #allPlatforms or #allGPUs?  I'm guessing the latter.

The latter.

Lawson

Re: Mandelbrot/Julia Sets Re: [squeak-dev] Float storage as Double?

Josh Gargus
Bad news, OpenCL requires AMD 4xxx:

http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=119267&enterthread=y

Cheers,
Josh

On May 1, 2010, at 11:47 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> On 5/1/10 11:45 PM, Josh Gargus wrote:
>> What kind of GPU does your computer have?  Sounds like it might not support OpenCL.
>>
> ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:
>
>  Chipset Model:    ATI Radeon HD 2600
>  Type:    GPU
>  Bus:    PCIe
>  Slot:    Slot-1
>> Which 'first' is the problem?  The one after #allPlatforms or #allGPUs?  I'm guessing the latter.
>>

> The latter.
>
> Lawson

12