FreeCAD in Cobalt20081125

Ross Boylan
Doesn't work.  Following the instructions at
http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/full-image-download
leads to a message not understood when the KayefFreeCad is dragged out
of the object bin; harness is nil in KayefMaster.

I tried various variations with fileins, and also saw islandID not
understood in KayefWorld (this is from memory), but could never get it
going.

I got further with the 20080703 image.  I'm running on Debian GNU/Linux.

Can anyone comment on the relation between the versions at
http://www.oopgames.com/freecad/downloads/ and the ones in the Cobalt
image?  The seem to have somewhat different histories.  The later
versions there do solve the islandID problem.

I did not know the proper order to file in the motion engine, so I'm
going to try again with the 1125 image.  I'm still not sure about the
proper order for FreeCad vs the motion engine.

Ross

P.S.  One must also do chmod +x Cobalt.sh to run it.  For some run
sourcing it with ". Cobalt.sh" didn't work for me, adding an extra /bin
to the path.

Also, I assume I can delete the top level __MACOS directory if I'm not
on a Mac.

Re: FreeCAD in Cobalt20081125

Phua Khai Fong
Thanks for posting about this issue, here are the instructions to get the latest freeCAD running:-

Download Cobalt 20081125 from
http://croquet-src-01.oit.duke.edu/cobalt-base-current-build-20081125.zip
Download and install FreeCAD-kayef.21.mcz from
http://oopgames.com/freecad/packages/FreeCAD-kayef.21.mcz
Download and install CADSM-kayef.10.mcz from
http://oopgames.com/freecad/packages/CADSM-kayef.10.mcz
Launch Cobalt and run freeCAD by dragging KayefFreeCAD from the objects bin.

Post again if you have any problems.

Regards,
Fong

Ross Boylan wrote