Frist commented MCConfigurationMap

Nicolas Cellier
Hi all,
I published my first commented MCConfigurationMap in trunk.
Thanks David!

Re: Frist commented MCConfigurationMap

David T. Lewis
Hi Nicolas,

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 01:00:34PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>  Hi all,
> I published my first commented MCConfigurationMap in trunk.
> Thanks David!

Unfortunately, the comments will not be saved on source.squeak.org
until I can arrange to get MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.161 applied
on the server. I'll work with Chris to get that done, although I think
he may be busy and I don't want to do anything on the server without
his guidance and approval.

The update is already installed on squeaksource.com, and I guess I
should check of there are other SqueakSource servers out there that
would benefit from the update (SS3?  HPI?).

Sorry for losing your first ever update commit comment :-(

Dave

Le dim. 10 mai 2020 à 15:52, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Nicolas,

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 01:00:34PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>  Hi all,
> I published my first commented MCConfigurationMap in trunk.
> Thanks David!

Unfortunately, the comments will not be saved on source.squeak.org
until I can arrange to get MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.161 applied
on the server. I'll work with Chris to get that done, although I think
he may be busy and I don't want to do anything on the server without
his guidance and approval.

The update is already installed on squeaksource.com, and I guess I
should check of there are other SqueakSource servers out there that
would benefit from the update (SS3?  HPI?).

Sorry for losing your first ever update commit comment :-(

Nevermind, those are two liners.
What is great is that compatibility was not broken.

Dave

Re: Frist commented MCConfigurationMap

Nicolas Cellier
The summary is:
update-nice.468: recompile the senders of caseOf: (Compiler postscript)
update-nice.469: migrate once cache to IdentityDictionary (Kernel postscript)
update-nice.470: rename FloatArray as Float32Array (Collections preamble) and move ByteArray down the hierarchy (Collections postscript)
update-nice.471: enable unsafe recompilation (Kernel postscript) and finish ByteArray migration

I would qualify my mood as surgical lately ;)
I hope it's not butchering, I'd like to preserve liveliness of our environment.

Le dim. 10 mai 2020 à 18:34, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> a écrit :
The summary is:
update-nice.468: recompile the senders of caseOf: (Compiler postscript)
update-nice.469: migrate once cache to IdentityDictionary (Kernel postscript)
update-nice.470: rename FloatArray as Float32Array (Collections preamble) and move ByteArray down the hierarchy (Collections postscript)
update-nice.471: enable unsafe recompilation (Kernel postscript) and finish ByteArray migration
err, no, I did not need a postscript for this one. That's a detail...

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 04:29:41PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> Le dim. 10 mai 2020 ?? 15:52, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> a ??crit :
>
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 01:00:34PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> > >  Hi all,
> > > I published my first commented MCConfigurationMap in trunk.
> > > Thanks David!
> >
> > Unfortunately, the comments will not be saved on source.squeak.org
> > until I can arrange to get MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.161 applied
> > on the server. I'll work with Chris to get that done, although I think
> > he may be busy and I don't want to do anything on the server without
> > his guidance and approval.
> >
> > The update is already installed on squeaksource.com, and I guess I
> > should check of there are other SqueakSource servers out there that
> > would benefit from the update (SS3?  HPI?).
> >
> > Sorry for losing your first ever update commit comment :-(
> >
> Nevermind, those are two liners.
> What is great is that compatibility was not broken.

The update is applied now, so versioned MCMs are working on both
source.squeak.org and squeaksource.com.

Dave

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 08:48:29AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 04:29:41PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> > Le dim. 10 mai 2020 ?? 15:52, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> a ??crit :
> >
> > > Hi Nicolas,

> > > Unfortunately, the comments will not be saved on source.squeak.org
> > > until I can arrange to get MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.161 applied
> > > on the server. I'll work with Chris to get that done, although I think
> > > he may be busy and I don't want to do anything on the server without
> > > his guidance and approval.
> > >
> > > The update is already installed on squeaksource.com, and I guess I
> > > should check of there are other SqueakSource servers out there that
> > > would benefit from the update (SS3?  HPI?).
> > >
> > > Sorry for losing your first ever update commit comment :-(
> > >
> > Nevermind, those are two liners.
> > What is great is that compatibility was not broken.
> >

> The update is applied now, so versioned MCMs are working on both
> source.squeak.org and squeaksource.com.

The source.squeak.org update was removed yesterday, so comments and versions
are not being saved for MCMs on source.squeak.org.

Commented MCMs can still be saved on local repositories, on squeaksource.com,
and on any SqueakSource server that uses MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.161
or later.

Dave