Fuel fails in squeak

henry
I loaded the latest Fuel from squeak source and it fails when materializing a Character from a FixedObjectCluster. Character class does not support basicNew.

Helpful>??

- HH

Re: Fuel fails in squeak

Hannes Hirzel
According to
       https://travis-ci.org/theseion/Fuel
the tests are fine for the release version Squeak 5.1.

Could you post a code snippet which shows how it fails.

If you are using Squeak 6.0a, which version do you use?

--HH

On 8/14/17, henry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I loaded the latest Fuel from squeak source and it fails when materializing
> a Character from a FixedObjectCluster. Character class does not support
> basicNew.
>
> Helpful>??
>
> - HH

Re: [Pharo-dev] Fuel fails in squeak

Hannes Hirzel
On 8/14/17, henry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am slightly overwhelmed at
> the fractious nature of repositories, between and within Squeak & Pharo, and
> also encoder serializations. I hope for reconsolidation.
>
> - HH

Objects from Pharo written by Fuel may be read back into a Pharo image.
The same applies for a Squeak image. Objects from Squeak serialized
with Fuel may read into another Squeak image.

Fuel is a binary serializer
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6451

To move objects from Pharo to Squeak you need a text based solution such as
SIXX http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/84 or JSON.

HTH

HH

Re: Fuel fails in squeak

Nicolas Cellier
In Squeak and Pharo Character are now immediate values like SmallInteger (since the Spur VM object format)
So you don't create a Character and can't sen basicNew, like you can't create a SmallInteger that way.
That means that the version of Fuel that you are using is for an older version of Squeak.
How did you load Fuel in Squeak?