Fwd: (FileDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '') explore.

Fwd: (FileDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '') explore.

Frank Shearar-3
Hi Folks,

Ken Dickey and the Cuis team found some... unexpected behaviour in
FileDirectory, and just as importantly, have found a fix. Please take
a look at the change, and if we're OK with it, some kind soul can push
it to Trunk :)

There's at least one bug, in that Juan Vuletich found that on Windows
opening a FileList causes an infinite recursion.

Thanks,

frank

Re: (FileDirectory default directoryContentsFor: '') explore.

Frank Shearar-3
The latest version of the fix - and what has gone into Cuis - you can
find here: https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/commit/fb201fc5033c71f64f2e6ea1717b313f02866a1c

frank

On 3 June 2014 17:14, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Ken Dickey and the Cuis team found some... unexpected behaviour in
> FileDirectory, and just as importantly, have found a fix. Please take
> a look at the change, and if we're OK with it, some kind soul can push
> it to Trunk :)
>
> There's at least one bug, in that Juan Vuletich found that on Windows
> opening a FileList causes an infinite recursion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> frank

Chris Muller-3
How does one go about seeing just the change that was made instead of
the entire methods?

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The latest version of the fix - and what has gone into Cuis - you can
> find here: https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/commit/fb201fc5033c71f64f2e6ea1717b313f02866a1c
>
> frank
>
> On 3 June 2014 17:14, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Ken Dickey and the Cuis team found some... unexpected behaviour in
>> FileDirectory, and just as importantly, have found a fix. Please take
>> a look at the change, and if we're OK with it, some kind soul can push
>> it to Trunk :)
>>
>> There's at least one bug, in that Juan Vuletich found that on Windows
>> opening a FileList causes an infinite recursion.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> frank

Unfortunately one can't, because this commit contains the addition of
complete (changeset) files. I think the quickest way to see the change
would be to filein those files, annoyingly. (I actually hadn't noticed
that the commit was just the addition of files :/)

frank