Fwd: [IAEP] Live, interactive discussion today: "Mathematician's Lament" at 3pm ET

1 message Options

Fwd: [IAEP] Live, interactive discussion today: "Mathematician's Lament" at 3pm ET

Rita Freudenberg
This will be a very interesting discussion today!

Greetings,
Rita

Begin forwarded message:

From: Maria Droujkova <[hidden email]>
Date: June 9, 2011 12:52:23 PM GMT+02:00
Subject: [IAEP] Live, interactive discussion today: "Mathematician's Lament" at 3pm ET

"Mathematician's Lament": The conversation continues

David Wees and Richard DeMerchant will facilitate an open, interactive discussion about the Lament, one of the central social objects in math ed conversations of the last decade.

How to join

  • Follow this link at the time of the event: http://tinyurl.com/talkmathbc
  • Thursday, June 9th 2011 we will meet in the LearnNowBC online room at noon Pacific, 3pm Eastern time. WorldClock for your time zone.
  • Click "OK" and "Accept" several times as your browser installs the software. When you see Elluminate Session Log-In, enter your name and click the "Login" button
  • If this is your first time, come a few minutes earlier to check out the technology. The room opens half an hour before the event.

All events in the Math 2.0 weekly series: http://mathfuture.wikispaces.com/events

About the project

Paul Lockhart wrote his "Lament" in 2002, and since then it's been a focal point for gathering and strengthening threads of meaning and significance in mathematics education. You can read the original "Lament" as a PDF document online, or its expanded version, edited by Keith Devlin, as a paper book.

Event Hosts

DavidWees.jpegDavid Wees writes: My life since I graduated from teacher training in 2002 has been an never ending adventure. I have lived in 4 different countries since then and have met the love of my life and we started our family. I wouldn't trade a moment of it, despite some of the difficulties I have faced. At my website, I showcase projects I have been involved in. I also write articles about incorporating technology into teaching which is a major passion of mine.
RVD.jpg
Richard DeMerchant writes: I have a passion for mathematics education that I have carried with me as I worked across the west and northern parts of Canada. Working as a teacher, vice principal and curriculum developer for three Ministries of Education I look forward to my next foray back to the classroom in the fall. I see social media as a tool for continuing my professional growth. You can check out the latest thoughts on my blog or follow me on Twitter (@rvdemerchant).