Fwd: This is still happening while building VM from inside Fedora

Fwd: This is still happening while building VM from inside Fedora

Bert Freudenberg

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <[hidden email]>
> Date: 10. April 2010 16:16:23 MESZ
> To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [squeak-dev] This is still happening while building VM from inside Fedora
>
> Steps:
>
> * 1 svn squeak-vm sources
> * 2 cd squeak-svn
> * 3 mk build
> * 4 cd build
> * 5 ../platforms/unix/cmake/configure
> * 6 make
>
> At end:
>
> [ 93%] Building C object
> UUIDPlugin/CMakeFiles/UUIDPlugin.dir/home/casimiro/Softwares/squeak/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/UUIDPlugin/sqUnixUUID.c.o
> /home/casimiro/Softwares/squeak/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/UUIDPlugin/sqUnixUUID.c:
> In function ‘MakeUUID’:
> /home/casimiro/Softwares/squeak/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/UUIDPlugin/sqUnixUUID.c:17:
> error: storage size of ‘uuid’ isn’t known
> make[2]: **
> [UUIDPlugin/CMakeFiles/UUIDPlugin.dir/home/casimiro/Softwares/squeak/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/UUIDPlugin/sqUnixUUID.c.o]
> Erro 1
> make[1]: ** [UUIDPlugin/CMakeFiles/UUIDPlugin.dir/all] Erro 2
> make: ** [all] Erro 2
> [casimiro@localhost bld]$ bash
> [casimiro@localhost bld]$ cd ../platforms/unix/plugins/UUIDPlugin
> [casimiro@localhost UUIDPlugin]$ vi +17 sqUnixUUID.c
> [casimiro@localhost UUIDPlugin]$ ls /usr/include/uuid
>
> It's possible to solve manually overriding settings uuid.h but it's not
> nice & shouldn't be necessary
>
> Best regards,
>
> Casimiro

Re: This is still happening while building VM from inside Fedora

Ian Piumarta

Thanks, Bert, I saw this.

I don't have a Fedora to check on and probably won't have time to
install one in the next couple of weeks.  Sounds like a trivial
problem though, maybe a tiny change in the headers from one version to
another?  I always build on a recent Ubuntu which tends to have recent
versions (younger than six months) of everything.

>> It's possible to solve manually overriding settings uuid.h but it's
>> not
>> nice & shouldn't be necessary

What, PRECISELY, has to be done in/around uuid.h to solve this?

Cheers,
Ian

VMMaker-dtl.169

David T. Lewis

I was hoping to have automatic update notifications from SqueakSource/VMMaker
to the list, but no joy so this will have to do.

I made an update to VMMaker to add some primitives to identify version
level of the VM. This change is *not* required to support Squeak 4.1
release, and changes to platform code are required only if you want
all of the primitives to work (i.e. everything still compiles regardless).

Ian, I have attached updated platforms/unix/vm/config.cmake and
platforms/unix/cmake/configure files that support the new
#primitivePlatformSourceVersion primitive.

- Dave

Name: VMMaker-dtl.169
Author: dtl
Time: 10 April 2010, 3:43:27.612 pm
Ancestors: VMMaker-ar.168

VMMaker 4.0.3

Add version identification primitives

- primitiveInterpreterSourceVersion answers the version of VMMaker that was used to generate the VM source code. This is a string like '4.0.3'.

- primitivePlatformSourceVersion answers the Subversion version level if $PLATFORM_SOURCE_VERSION has been defined, or fails otherwise. This should be a string like '2172'.

- primitiveVMVersion answers an identifier for the VM version (VMMaker plus Subversion) if $VM_VERSION is defined, or fails otherwise. For the Unix VMs, this is a string like '4.0.3-2172'.

- primitiveImageFormatVersion answers an integer identifier for the image format. This is the number that is stored in the image file header to identify image fomat (32/64 bit word size, block closure support).

Rename some code generation methods from #writeXXX to #emitXXX for consistency with other method naming.

Fix VMMaker file list processing to ignore Subversion administrative files (previously only CVS files were ignored).

patches-for-vmm.tgz (4K) Download Attachment

Re: This is still happening while building VM from inside Fedora

CdAB63

Em 10-04-2010 16:54, Ian Piumarta escreveu:

> Thanks, Bert, I saw this.
>
> I don't have a Fedora to check on and probably won't have time to
> install one in the next couple of weeks.  Sounds like a trivial
> problem though, maybe a tiny change in the headers from one version to
> another?  I always build on a recent Ubuntu which tends to have recent
> versions (younger than six months) of everything.
>
>>> It's possible to solve manually overriding settings uuid.h but it's not
>>> nice & shouldn't be necessary
>
> What, PRECISELY, has to be done in/around uuid.h to solve this?
In file: ../platforms/unix/plugins/UUIDPlugin/sqUnixUUID.c
in line:

#include <uuid.h>

change to:

#include <uuid/uuid.h>