Fwd: [V3dot9] Fwd: FFI

Gerardo Richarte
Andreas dijo:

> That just raises my previous question again: What do I have to do to get
> the FFI out of the image?

>From this I understand we are talking about the FFI part in the image, but I want to be sure:
are we talking about removing the support from the standard VM too? or just the image part?
what about the FFI plugin support classes and code? (I guess that could be part of the VMMaker
package?)

        I don't think it's a good idea to remove the support from the VM, but then,
I'm not a standard Squeak user, if such a thing exists.

        gera

Re: Fwd: [V3dot9] Fwd: FFI

Andreas.Raab
Hi Gerardo -

Nobody has even mentioned the possibility to remove FFI support from the
VM. I have no idea where you got this idea from. The FFI plugin has
always been in VMMaker; I don't know what you've been looking at to get
a different idea.

Cheers,
   - Andreas