Fwd: [community] Invitation to submit proposal for Open Source Software

Fwd: [community] Invitation to submit proposal for Open Source Software

Noury Bouraqadi
Hi,

It would be interesting to present Squeak and discuss its evolution
process.
Remember ESUG gives 100Euro for each published article about
Smalltalk :-)
See http://www.esug.org/promotionactions/articlepromotion/

Noury
Début du message réexpédié :

> [...]
> generated some of the most sophisticated development in computer
> technology (Such as Apache, Linux and PHP) and have become present
> in large technology firms such as IBM and Sun that have become
> major supporters of this phenomenon.
>
> In such context, decision makers at different levels and in a
> variety of fields, including professionals, researchers and
> teachers need access to the most current information about the
> concepts, issues, trends and technologies of this emerging phenomenon.
>
> To meet this need, currently we are in the process of editing a
> book entitled “Successful OSS Project Design and Implementation:
> Requirements, Tools, Social Designs, Reward Structures and
> Coordination Methods” that will provide comprehensive coverage and
> definitions of the most important issues, concepts, trends and
> technologies in OSS. This important new publication will be
> distributed worldwide among academic and professional institutions
> and will be instrumental in providing professionals, researchers,
> scholars, and students with access to the latest knowledge related
> to OSS.
>
> To ensure that this publication has the most current and relevant
> coverage of all topics related to OSS, we are asking both
> professionals involved in these projects and scholars, well-known
> for their particular area of research, to contribute short articles
> of 3,500-5,000 words on any of the following topics:
> OSS trends and foundations, OSS development, OSS Selection, OSS
> cases and applications.
>
> We would like to invite you to consider submitting on any of the
> above topics for this upcoming book by submitting a proposal (two
> single-spaced pages) description of your proposed topic to me or to
> one of the book editors no later than October 31, 2006.  You will
> then have until February 15, 2007 to prepare your full submission
> (3,500-5,000 words in length). Further details concerning the call
> for chapter proposals and the book details can be found at <http://
> www.supdeco-montpellier.com/Formulaires/OSS/>
>  All submitted articles will undergo a blind, peer-review process
> upon its receipt.
>
> Please forward your proposal to Belbaly Nassim at n.belbaly @ supco-
> montpellier.fr, or one of other editors Benbya Hind at: h.benbya @
> supco-montpellier.fr and Régis Messonnier rmeissonier @ supco-
> montpellier.fr
>  the book editors, at no later than October 31, 2006. You will be
> notified about the status of your proposed topics by November 15,
> 2006. This book is tentatively scheduled for publishing by Gower
> Publishing Limited, www.gowerpub.com in Winter 2007.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns, or if I can be of any
> assistance, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you
> soon.
>

> Kind Regards.
>
> Nassim Aissa Belbaly
> Associate Professor of Information systems

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk
http://www.squeak.org

RE: Fwd: [community] Invitation to submit proposal for Open SourceSoftware

J J-6
This sounds like a good way to get some press for squeak/smalltalk.