G+ hangout?

Colin Putney-3
Hi everybody,

One of the things that surprised me about being on the board is that
board meetings are actually kind of fun. What we discuss is often
dull, but talking to people live and putting faces to the names you
see on this list is pretty neat.

I thought it might be pleasant and productive to have a broader
community meeting where we can have a more free-form conversation.
With Squeak 4.4 nearing release, I'd like to talk about ideas for 4.5,
and hear about community projects—what are people doing with Squeak?

Since we're spread out all over the world, there's probably no ideal
time for this sort of thing, so arbitrarily I propose Thursday, 30
August at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, for the first Squeak
community hangout:

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=256&p1=256&iso=20120830T10&msg=Squeak%20Hangout&sort=0

Anybody want to join me?

Colin

Re: G+ hangout?

Hans-Martin Mosner
Am 24.08.2012 19:22, schrieb Colin Putney:
> Since we're spread out all over the world, there's probably no ideal
> time for this sort of thing, so arbitrarily I propose Thursday, 30
> August at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, for the first Squeak
> community hangout:

That's a great idea, but you should be aware that a number of people will be at the ESUG 2012 conference in Gent during
that time.
Don't know whether the facilities at the conference venue would allow some to attend from ESUG and give some live
impressions :-)

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: G+ hangout?

Colin Putney-3
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Hans-Martin Mosner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's a great idea, but you should be aware that a number of people will be at the ESUG 2012 conference in Gent during
> that time.
> Don't know whether the facilities at the conference venue would allow some to attend from ESUG and give some live
> impressions :-)

True. I'm not too worried about that, though. I imagine doing a few of
these meetings, so anyone at ESUG shouldn't worry about missing it.
They can always attend another meeting.

Of course, if somebody wants to give us a live report from Gent, that
would be cool too!

Colin

Re: G+ hangout?

kilon
I would like to join in (if the invitation is open to begineers) but I am G+ clueless, how I can do that ?

Re: G+ hangout?

Bert Freudenberg
You need a google account, and when Colin posts the event invitation (which he should probably do soon) you can just click that on his Google+ page:

        https://plus.google.com/102275780496317201899/

- Bert -

On 2012-08-24, at 20:43, dimitris chloupis wrote:

> I would like to join in (if the invitation is open to begineers) but I am G+ clueless, how I can do that ?

Re: G+ hangout?

Colin Putney-3
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You need a google account, and when Colin posts the event invitation (which he should probably do soon) you can just click that on his Google+ page:
>
>         https://plus.google.com/102275780496317201899/

Ok, the event is posted. I specifically invited a bunch of Squeakers
that are in my circles, but the event is public so anyone can join.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/chf15aibmkc8ol2gbu0kbnd858c/102275780496317201899

Colin

Re: G+ hangout?

Colin Putney-3
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM, dimitris chloupis
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to join in (if the invitation is open to begineers) but I am G+
> clueless, how I can do that ?

Join Google+, then go to the url below and click the "Going" button.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/chf15aibmkc8ol2gbu0kbnd858c/102275780496317201899

Beginners welcome!

Colin

Re: G+ hangout?

kilon
ah nice I clicked going and created my G+ page. Thanks .

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to join in (if the invitation is open to begineers) but I am G+
> clueless, how I can do that ?

Join Google+, then go to the url below and click the "Going" button.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/chf15aibmkc8ol2gbu0kbnd858c/102275780496317201899

Beginners welcome!

Colin

Re: G+ hangout?

ccrraaiigg

Hi Colin--

     I'm really looking forward to this, thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: G+ hangout?

Edgar De Cleene

On 8/24/12 2:22 PM, "Colin Putney" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anybody want to join me?
>
> Colin

Sure, count me in

Abrazo a la distancia.