GA music mix is genetic algorithm. Yes. Thanks!

1 message Options

GA music mix is genetic algorithm. Yes. Thanks!

Paul Sheldon-2
Jay Hardesty wrote that GA was genetic algorithms
and that there were mutate buttons somewhere.

This is very exciting to me.

I wrote a fairly long piece offline that sort of equated the "wisdom"
of bacteria at inventing sex for biodiversity to altering the web
to have "two on a page" collaborating by mixing code.

It takes two to evolve (or at least paring of a genome with mutating muons
living long enough) and not merely copy .

I never specialized in computer science, but have enjoyed the luxury
of studying its subjects "as insurance". Algorithms can be fun if you aren't
worrying about a grade . I studied a paper by Fraser on mutual information
outside of graduate school grading and, without worry of grades,
it was a great pleasure.