GA music mix is genetic algorithm?

Paul Sheldon-2
Have got to get this question out
before they kick me of library internet computer.

Re: GA music mix is genetic algorithm?

jayh

If this is in reference to my previous posting, then
yes, the music engine behind the collaborative
music space uses genetic algorithms for analyzing
and manipulating voice-leading etc in the MIDI
data.

Though not so much in the music generated
in the creation of that video at
http://tone23.org/environment/implement.html
There I turned off the more CPU-intensive parts
of the code in order to have several images running
on my computer simultaneiously.

But the same underlying engine is used for the
Seaside demo at http://tone23.org/qtone  - all of the
"mutate" buttons on that app trigger GA's - that's why those
actions take a minute or two (or three) to run