GStreamer in Squeak

cmpitg
Hi all,

I have been struggling with GStreamer class for one and a half weeks and
I haven't found any usable way to work with it.  The error I haved
always encountered was: ``'GStreamerPlayer>>oggHookupToTypeFind
(GStreamerSystem is Undeclared)'.  To reproduce it, simply open a file
with:

playey := GStreamerPlayer openFile: '/your/path/to/a/ogg/file'.

I could not find any documentations as well as tutorials about GStreamer
on the Internet.  I installed GStreamer from its SqueakSource repo and
tried several versions of it but no help.  However, the GStreamer Etoys
version of default XO machine works well.  Does anyone get GStreamer to
work?  Please tell me what I am missing.

Best regards,
--
Yang Nguyen
Web log: http://cmpitg.wordpress.com/

Yang Ha Nguyen,
Life is a hack

Re: GStreamer in Squeak

SergeStinckwich
I didn't have time right now to investigate, but you should also ask
your question on the squeak-dev mailing list.
Regards,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Yang Ha Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been struggling with GStreamer class for one and a half weeks and
> I haven't found any usable way to work with it.  The error I haved
> always encountered was: ``'GStreamerPlayer>>oggHookupToTypeFind
> (GStreamerSystem is Undeclared)'.  To reproduce it, simply open a file
> with:
>
> playey := GStreamerPlayer openFile: '/your/path/to/a/ogg/file'.
>
> I could not find any documentations as well as tutorials about GStreamer
> on the Internet.  I installed GStreamer from its SqueakSource repo and
> tried several versions of it but no help.  However, the GStreamer Etoys
> version of default XO machine works well.  Does anyone get GStreamer to
> work?  Please tell me what I am missing.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Yang Nguyen
> Web log: http://cmpitg.wordpress.com/
> Life is a hack

Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: GStreamer in Squeak

cmpitg
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 09:25:21PM +0900, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

>I didn't have time right now to investigate, but you should also ask
>your question on the squeak-dev mailing list.
>Regards,
>
>On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Yang Ha Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been struggling with GStreamer class for one and a half weeks and
>> I haven't found any usable way to work with it.  The error I haved
>> always encountered was: ``'GStreamerPlayer>>oggHookupToTypeFind
>> (GStreamerSystem is Undeclared)'.  To reproduce it, simply open a file
>> with:
>>
>> playey := GStreamerPlayer openFile: '/your/path/to/a/ogg/file'.
>>
>> I could not find any documentations as well as tutorials about GStreamer
>> on the Internet.  I installed GStreamer from its SqueakSource repo and
>> tried several versions of it but no help.  However, the GStreamer Etoys
>> version of default XO machine works well.  Does anyone get GStreamer to
>> work?  Please tell me what I am missing.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Yang Nguyen
>> Web log: http://cmpitg.wordpress.com/
>> Life is a hack

>--
>Serge Stinckwich
>UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
>Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Oh, right!  Thank you, Serge.  Can't believe I did not do that.

Regards,