GT Inspector: Assemble Statement

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
The inspector is so cool because one can get feedback for each step. I was working with a text list, and going in very small steps because I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do, so I:
1. Pasted into playground:
'lineOne
lastLine'
cmd-g
2. self lines sort
cmd-g
3. self asSet asOrderedCollection sort

Then I thought (although the above is a bad example for this), since GT encourages to take these small steps, it would be cool to have a command to assemble the code from all the workspaces into one statement, so 1, 2, and 3 above would become: "aString lines sort asSet asOrderedCollection sort". Again, not a great example, but I know this would've been useful other times...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT Inspector: Assemble Statement

Tudor Girba-2
Yes, that is certainly a goal since quite a while :).

Cheers,
Doru

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
The inspector is so cool because one can get feedback for each step. I was
working with a text list, and going in very small steps because I wasn't
quite sure what I wanted to do, so I:
1. Pasted into playground:
'lineOne
lastLine'
cmd-g
2. self lines sort
cmd-g
3. self asSet asOrderedCollection sort

Then I thought (although the above is a bad example for this), since GT
encourages to take these small steps, it would be cool to have a command to
assemble the code from all the workspaces into one statement, so 1, 2, and 3
above would become: "aString lines sort asSet asOrderedCollection sort".
Again, not a great example, but I know this would've been useful other
times...

-----
Cheers,
Sean