GT: Morph Presentations

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I think that the Morph presentations could be really powerful, but right now they are extremely limited. Ideally, one would be able to zoom at will, but scroll bars at least would make them immediately more useable. Check out the current sub-optimal solution:

The morph being displayed is appx 4 times larger than the window, so only a tiny fraction is shown.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT: Morph Presentations

Tudor Girba-2
Certainly. Feel free to propose code.

The Bloc based version of the tools will likely provide a much better support for this.

Doru

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4830338/Screenshot_2015-06-03_20.png>
The morph being displayed is appx 4 times larger than the window, so only a
tiny fraction is shown.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GT: Morph Presentations

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
Certainly. Feel free to propose code.
I have no idea how to go about it. Any pointers? I created an issue so we don't lose sight (https://github.com/moosetechnology/Moose/issues/1126).

Tudor Girba-2 wrote
The Bloc based version of the tools will likely provide a much better
support for this.
No doubt! Exciting times...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT: Morph Presentations

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
I have no idea how to go about it. Any pointers?
I should have been more specific. I don't know how to go about the zooming. I already implemented the scrolling (Issue #1124) and committed the fix.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT: Morph Presentations

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
I have no idea how to go about it. Any pointers?

Okay, the pain finally got sever enough that I hacked together a proof of concept. See the demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeZ3pp_CpKk
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT: Morph Presentations

Stephan Eggermont-3

On 02-09-15 17:51, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Okay, the pain finally got sever enough that I hacked together a proof
> of concept. See the demo here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeZ3pp_CpKk

Nice.

Stephan

Re: GT: Morph Presentations

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
the zooming. I already implemented the scrolling (Issue #1124) and committed the fix.
Zooming proof-of-concept fix attached to Issue #1126.

The next problem I ran into was trying to open a morph fitted within the presentation pane. There didn't seem to be a useable hook. I hacked the following together to show the behavior I'm looking for:
        browser transmit
                to: #image;
                from: #list;
                andShow: [ :a :b | | morphPresentation |
                        b ifNotNil: [ b gtInspectorFormIn: a ].
                        morphPresentation := a presentations first.
                        WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [ morphPresentation actions last actOn: morphPresentation ] ].
where `actions last` fits the morph into the pane.
Cheers,
Sean