Generating CogVM

Lars Wassermann
Hi,
with all the recent updates, I just compiled Cog again and it works like
a charm (Thanks Eliot). Only when generating the sources, #ensureCR is
called on a NullStream, which is not implemented yet. The patch is
trivial, in that it is a method without (meaningful) return-value and no
behavior.

Has anybody else had that problem? NullStream is from the package
Collections-Streams, so patching that missing method would be their job?
Or should we just add that method to the VMMaker.oscog-package?
Best,
Lars

Re: Generating CogVM

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 12:18:23AM +0100, Lars wrote:

> Hi,
> with all the recent updates, I just compiled Cog again and it works like
> a charm (Thanks Eliot). Only when generating the sources, #ensureCR is
> called on a NullStream, which is not implemented yet. The patch is
> trivial, in that it is a method without (meaningful) return-value and no
> behavior.
>
> Has anybody else had that problem? NullStream is from the package
> Collections-Streams, so patching that missing method would be their job?
> Or should we just add that method to the VMMaker.oscog-package?
I have encountered the same problem. The issue is that Eliot develops Cog
in an image that has these methods, but Squeak and Pharo do not have them
in their base images. IMO it would be good to add them to VMMaker.oscog, and
implement them in Squeak/Pharo at a later date if there is a need.

Either way, the methods are trivial (attached).

Dave

NullStream-*VMMaker-translation support.st (498 bytes) Download Attachment