Genie package for Squeaksource

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Anyone interested to work on a Genie Monticello package for SqueakSource.

Until now I have used the Genie's Ned package at
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/monticello/Genie/.

If anyone is interested to work on package for Squeaksource I can help.

Hilaire Fernandes

Genie package for Squeaksource

Bryce Kampjes
Hilaire Fernandes writes:
 > Anyone interested to work on a Genie Monticello package for SqueakSource.
 >
 > Until now I have used the Genie's Ned package at
 > http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/monticello/Genie/.
 >
 > If anyone is interested to work on package for Squeaksource I can help.

Genie is a nice package with a lot of potentual. It would be great
to see a group pick it up and keep it maintained.

Bryce

Re: Genie package for Squeaksource

Douglas Rollwitz
Hilaire;

I would be interested in contributing.  My goals for
genie would be:

1. Have it available on the current image.
2. Adapt it to Tweak.
3. Have it integrated with the multilingual Squeak,
complete with Asian languages character recognition.

I am learning Mandarin Chinese, and it would be fun to
write Chinese in Squeak using a pen and genie.  I
think it would also be a great addition to have
Squeak/Tweak more widely adopted, if we can make it
easy to use Asian characters in Squeak.

This is a lot of work, and I do not have the time to
do it all myself. But if others, especially Asian
Squeakers, would like to form a project I would join
in.

Doug

--- Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone interested to work on a Genie Monticello
> package for SqueakSource.
>
> Until now I have used the Genie's Ned package at
> http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/monticello/Genie/.
>
> If anyone is interested to work on package for
> Squeaksource I can help.
>
> Hilaire Fernandes

Re: Genie package for Squeaksource

Simon Michael
I'm interested.. I have some tweaks & gestures for project navigation.
I've been stalled trying to figure out why gestures will activate in all
*except* the root project. If needed I'll dig up the notes Ned sent me a
few months back about his repos.

Re: Genie package for Squeaksource

Hilaire Fernandes-5
I have just upload genie.nk.54 to SqueakSource.
http://www.squeaksource.com/genie.html

Please tell me which person I should add as admin or developer.

Hilaire Fernandes

Simon Michael a écrit :
> I'm interested.. I have some tweaks & gestures for project navigation.
> I've been stalled trying to figure out why gestures will activate in all
> *except* the root project. If needed I'll dig up the notes Ned sent me a
> few months back about his repos.

Re: Genie package for Squeaksource

stéphane ducasse-2
excellent!
This is nice to see genie maintained and used!

Stef

On 18 févr. 06, at 19:35, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> I have just upload genie.nk.54 to SqueakSource.
> http://www.squeaksource.com/genie.html
>
> Please tell me which person I should add as admin or developer.
>
> Hilaire Fernandes
>

> Simon Michael a écrit :
>> I'm interested.. I have some tweaks & gestures for project
>> navigation.
>> I've been stalled trying to figure out why gestures will activate
>> in all
>> *except* the root project. If needed I'll dig up the notes Ned
>> sent me a
>> few months back about his repos.

Re: Genie package for Squeaksource

Hilaire Fernandes-5
Hum, I will not say maintained yet, but at least it is in a safe and
handy place to maintain it.

Hilaire

stéphane ducasse a écrit :

> excellent!
> This is nice to see genie maintained and used!
>
> Stef
>
> On 18 févr. 06, at 19:35, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>
>> I have just upload genie.nk.54 to SqueakSource.
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/genie.html
>>
>> Please tell me which person I should add as admin or developer.
>>
>> Hilaire Fernandes
>>

>> Simon Michael a écrit :
>>
>>> I'm interested.. I have some tweaks & gestures for project  navigation.
>>> I've been stalled trying to figure out why gestures will activate  in
>>> all
>>> *except* the root project. If needed I'll dig up the notes Ned  sent
>>> me a
>>> few months back about his repos.

Re: Genie package for Squeaksource

Simon Michael
Thanks Hilaire. You could add me (sm) as a developer, so that fear of
public shaming will motivate me to publish a change or two.