[Glass] Cannot load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5

[Glass] Cannot load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

I am having a problem trying to load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5.

I first try to load Metacello and GLASS1 and then I try to load Zinc, but when loading Zinc I am getting an error:

 " 'Load Conflict between existing BaselineOfGrease [baseline] from github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository and ConfigurationOfGrease 1.0.7.1 from http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'

Any idea?  Below is how I load the stuff:

thanks in advance,

MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [

[Metacello new
baseline:  'Metacello';
repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository';
load: 'ALL'.
] on: Warning do: [ :ex |
ex resume.
].
Metacello new
  baseline: 'GLASS1';
  repository: 'github://glassdb/glass:master/repository';
  onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
  onWarning: [ :ex |
        Transcript
          cr;
          show: ex description.
        ex resume ];
  load: 'default'.

Metacello new
  baseline: 'Zinc';
  repository: 'github://glassdb/zinc:gemstone3.1/repository';
  load: 'Tests'.

].

Re: [Glass] Cannot load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5

Johan Brichau-3
Hi Mariano,

It's probably not the solution, but you should be using this one: https://github.com/GsDevKit/zinc
What you should probably do is handle the load conflict using the Metacello scripting api in an #onConflict: block

Johan

On 15 Aug 2014, at 19:56, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am having a problem trying to load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5.
>
> I first try to load Metacello and GLASS1 and then I try to load Zinc, but when loading Zinc I am getting an error:
>
>  " 'Load Conflict between existing BaselineOfGrease [baseline] from github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository and ConfigurationOfGrease 1.0.7.1 from http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
>
> Any idea?  Below is how I load the stuff:
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [
>
> [Metacello new
> baseline:  'Metacello';
> repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository';
> load: 'ALL'.
> ] on: Warning do: [ :ex |
> ex resume.
> ].
>

> Metacello new
>   baseline: 'GLASS1';
>   repository: 'github://glassdb/glass:master/repository';
>   onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
>   onWarning: [ :ex |
>         Transcript
>           cr;
>           show: ex description.
>         ex resume ];
>   load: 'default'.
>

> Metacello new
>   baseline: 'Zinc';
>   repository: 'github://glassdb/zinc:gemstone3.1/repository';
>   load: 'Tests'.
>
> ].
>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Glass] Cannot load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5

Paul DeBruicker
I have this error but with Seaside 3.1.2 * GemStone 3.1.0.6 & the error is for Grease version #release1.1  .

What is the process to resolve the load conflict?  The BaselineOfGrease is not referenced in the Stone.

How can I exclude it (or alternatively the ConfigurationOfGrease) from being loaded into the Stone?

Thanks

Paul

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
[...]

I've narrowed my error down to loading a project that relies on Seaside (which loads Grease using a BaselineOf) & XMLSupport (which loads Grease using a ConfigurationOf).  Replacing all references to the ConfigurationOfGrease in the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport with references to the BaselineOfGrease fixes the load conflict error.  But means I'm either editing old published versions and/or maintaining my own copy of ConfigurationOfXMLSupport.

This may have to do with Metacello  Issue #246 (https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/246) but I'm not sure.

Paul DeBruicker wrote
[...]

Thanks guys. I have now yet another problem when I try to load the configuration of my app. I am always getting:

Project: Seaside 3.0.9
Project: Grease Core 1.0.8
Project: System-Digital-Signatures 0.241.1
Project: Core 0.247
Project: XML Parser 1.0.5
Project: XML-Writer 1.0.5
Project: SMTPMail 0.241.1
Project: UTF8 0.241.1
Project: Grease Core Tests 1.0.8
Project: System-Digital-Signatures 0.241.1
Project: SMTPMail 0.241.1
Project: UTF8 0.241.1
Project: Swazoo2 2.2.0.4
Project: Zinc 2.4.3
...RETRY->BaselineOfZinc
...RETRY->BaselineOfZinc
gofer repository error: 'a GoferRepositoryError occurred (error 2710)'...ignoring
...FAILED->BaselineOfZinc

No matter what I do.  I have GemStone 3.1.0.5 and Seaside 3.0.9.

Note that I am NOT loading zinc explicitly... it gets loaded from some other lib.

The package spec that is being loaded is:

spec
name: 'BaselineOfZinc';
repository: 'github://glassdb/zinc:gemstone3.1/repository'.

The 'repositoryError' instVar 'repository' shows aMCGitHubRepository(github://glassdb/zinc:gemstone3.1/repository)

Which seems correct to me.

Any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've narrowed my error down to loading a project that relies on Seaside
(which loads Grease using a BaselineOf) & XMLSupport (which loads Grease
using a ConfigurationOf).  Replacing all references to the
ConfigurationOfGrease in the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport with references to
the BaselineOfGrease fixes the load conflict error.  But means I'm either
editing old published versions and/or maintaining my own copy of
ConfigurationOfXMLSupport.

This may have to do with Metacello  Issue #246
(https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/246) but I'm not sure.

Paul DeBruicker wrote
> I have this error but with Seaside 3.1.2 * GemStone 3.1.0.6 & the error is
> for Grease version #release1.1  .
>
> What is the process to resolve the load conflict?  The BaselineOfGrease is
> not referenced in the Stone.
>
> How can I exclude it (or alternatively the ConfigurationOfGrease) from
> being loaded into the Stone?
>

> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am having a problem trying to load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5.
>>
>> I first try to load Metacello and GLASS1 and then I try to load Zinc, but
>> when loading Zinc I am getting an error:
>>
>>  " 'Load Conflict between existing BaselineOfGrease [baseline] from
>> github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository and ConfigurationOfGrease
>> 1.0.7.1 from http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
>>
>> Any idea?  Below is how I load the stuff:
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>
>> MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [
>>
>> [Metacello new
>> baseline:  'Metacello';
>> repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository';
>> load: 'ALL'.
>> ] on: Warning do: [ :ex |
>> ex resume.
>> ].
>>  Metacello new
>>   baseline: 'GLASS1';
>>   repository: 'github://glassdb/glass:master/repository';
>>   onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
>>   onWarning: [ :ex |
>>         Transcript
>>           cr;
>>           show: ex description.
>>         ex resume ];
>>   load: 'default'.
>>

>> Metacello new
>>   baseline: 'Zinc';
>>   repository: 'github://glassdb/zinc:gemstone3.1/repository';
>>   load: 'Tests'.
>>
>> ].
>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Glass] Cannot load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5

Dale Henrichs-3
Mariano,

I'm taking some time off today (jet lagged a bit after coming back from ESUG and wanting to spend some quality time with my wife after the trip) ...

But I'm going to guess that you are hitting Metacello bug....

You don't say what version of GLASS you are usring, but at least for 3.2 I found that it was necessary to use GLASS 1.0-beta.9.3

I know that GLASS 1.0-beta.9.3  was needed to be able to successfully load the Seaside3.1 and Zinc ... as GLASS1 is needed for Zinc ....

I seem to recall that older versions of Seaside and Zinc were pretty picky about versions and that older versions of Seaside might not work (if they loaded correctly) with newer versions of Zinc without fiddling with the adaptor code (and other things) ...

Johan and I were able to get the "latest version of Zinc" and Seaside3.2 to work  in the weeks leading up ESUG and I for one have not spent time looking at how older versions of Seaside fit with Zinc ... the API for zinc went through some significant changes since Seaside3.0 at least that's what I recall ...

I also recall that I gave some formulas for loading Seaisde2.0 and Zinc earlier in the summer ... have you found those messages?

The Grease load conflicts were due to a mistake that I had made in updating the GLASS1 configuration which I have since fixed...

Dale

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> ].
>>  Metacello new
>>   baseline: 'GLASS1';
>>   repository: 'github://glassdb/glass:master/repository';
>>   onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];
>>   onWarning: [ :ex |
>>         Transcript
>>           cr;
>>           show: ex description.
>>         ex resume ];
>>   load: 'default'.
>>

>> Metacello new
>>   baseline: 'Zinc';
>>   repository: 'github://glassdb/zinc:gemstone3.1/repository';
>>   load: 'Tests'.
>>
>> ].
>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Glass] Cannot load Zinc in Gemstone 3.1.0.5

s/Seaisde2.0/Seaside3.0/ ... I should wear my reading glasses when writing email:)

Dale