Glitch in cmd-m

Stéphane Rollandin
Hello,

Select all of

        #at:put:

Then do cmd-n (senders). That works.
Then do cmd-m (implementors). Does nothing.

To get cmd-m to work, you must omit the first $# and select only 'at:put:'

Re: Glitch in cmd-m

marcel.taeumel
Hi Stef,

thanks for the pointer. I just fixed that in Trunk.

Best,
Marcel

Am 22.04.2020 10:39:43 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

Select all of

#at:put:

Then do cmd-n (senders). That works.
Then do cmd-m (implementors). Does nothing.

To get cmd-m to work, you must omit the first $# and select only 'at:put:'

Re: Glitch in cmd-m

marcel.taeumel
Well, actually, only selectors can have implementations. And "#at:put:" is no valid selector because "#" is not allowed in there. But I understand your confusion. From a tool perspective, TextEditor should also try to make a literal out of the text selection and then look it up as implementor.

But note that SystemNavigation has now to deal with the fact that #browseAllImplementorsOf: can be called with any kind of literal: "42", "#()", etc.

I think we are fine.

Best,
Marcel

Am 22.04.2020 10:47:34 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:

Hi Stef,

thanks for the pointer. I just fixed that in Trunk.

Best,
Marcel

Am 22.04.2020 10:39:43 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

Select all of

#at:put:

Then do cmd-n (senders). That works.
Then do cmd-m (implementors). Does nothing.

To get cmd-m to work, you must omit the first $# and select only 'at:put:'

Re: Glitch in cmd-m

Stéphane Rollandin
> But note that SystemNavigation has now to deal with the fact that
> #browseAllImplementorsOf: can be called with any kind of literal: "42",
> "#()", etc.

That seems weird...

Re: Glitch in cmd-m

Stéphane Rollandin
Le 22/04/2020 à 11:14, Stéphane Rollandin a écrit :
>> But note that SystemNavigation has now to deal with the fact that
>> #browseAllImplementorsOf: can be called with any kind of literal: "42",
>> "#()", etc.
>
> That seems weird...

By which I meant: it seems to me that looking for "42" is more lookuing
for a sender (if anything) than an implementor.

Re: Glitch in cmd-m

marcel.taeumel
Yes, it is weird. Actually, it is more like a convenience for the user, who has now not to worry about de-selecting "#" first before calling "implementors of it".

Best,
Marcel

Am 22.04.2020 11:16:15 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]>:

Le 22/04/2020 à 11:14, Stéphane Rollandin a écrit :
>> But note that SystemNavigation has now to deal with the fact that
>> #browseAllImplementorsOf: can be called with any kind of literal: "42",
>
> That seems weird...

By which I meant: it seems to me that looking for "42" is more lookuing
for a sender (if anything) than an implementor.

Stef