Good practice for modeling model tools

Anders Janmyr-2
Hi,

I would like some thought on what is a good way to model "model tools"
in Smalltalk.

Clarification
The user should be able to create classes.
The classes contain named variables.
The variables can be described (typed) with data such as type (String,
Date, Company) and multiplicity (1, 2..5, 4..)
I also want to attach behavior to the classes.
I would also want to be able to refactor the classes, preferably with
the existing tools

Example:
Person
  name:String:1
  mother:Person:1
  father:Person:1
  children:Person:0..

Process
  name: ImportPeople
  executeMethod: "code for importing people into my model"

Should I model the users models as Smalltalk objects or should I make
my own parallel hierarchy.
Should the Person above be dynamically created as a smalltalk class:

Person
  name:
  mother:

or should I use
  MyClass
    name: Person
    instVars: #(name mother ...)

Any help will be appreciated.

Anders

--
http://anders.janmyr.com/

Re: Good practice for modeling model tools

Anders Janmyr-2
> Have you looked at Magritte?

Not enough. I'm going to give it a deeper examination.
I just wanted to get a general feel for what Smalltalker do.
Mold the system into a new behavior or write an application layer
that handles all of it.

Anders

http://anders.janmyr.com/