Gougu theorem, chinese did it as well...

1 message Options

Gougu theorem, chinese did it as well...

Hilaire Fernandes-4
Hello,

Enclosed a snaphot of the Gougu puzzle to demonstrate the Pythagorean theorem.
The construction is done with DrGeo, and the tiles of the puzzle are
simulated with the translation transformation of polygons.

A project file can be downloaded from our swiki at
http://swiki.ofset.org:8000/super/320
However, your image need to be installed with DrGeo, in case of doubt
you can just download a Squeakland image preloaded with DrGeo (See
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/DrGeo).

I have also recorded two videos to show the dynamic of the project:
http://squeak.ofset.org/drgeo/Gougu1.ogg
http://squeak.ofset.org/drgeo/Gougu2.ogg

I am pretty sure it can be extended/modified for projects with students.

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

GouguPuzzle.png (7K) Download Attachment