Quantcast

Graphing weather data

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
35 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Graphing weather data

timrowledge
Now that I have my Pi based weather station[1] in operation and mounted up on the peak of my garage roof ...
… I need to do something with the data it provides. Sadly the code reading the sensors is in Python (for now!) but it sends it as MQTT packets to a mac-mini running the broker. I’m working with Craig on an MQTT client (very early state on http://www.squeaksource.com/@gWFeIvLx-rTHKE2R/Gtrt3pje) to read it but then what?

Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs? What kind of graphs are good for weather data? Should there be chocolate? I guess I ought to store some amount of collected data so maybe it’s time I got to grips with Magma. I’m interested in all ideas that might lead somewhere fun with this. With those ESP8266 wi-fi enabled sorta-arduino things so cheap and easy to set up there must be a gazillion interesting things that could be monitored and analyzed and graphed and indeed actuated in response; let’s not forget that MQTT works both ways.

How about a rain sensor sending a message that its raining (duh) which gets collected and turned into a message to your car to close the sunroof before the velvet seat covers (with painted portrait of Elvis, natch) get wet? Or a strain gauge on your security fence alerting you that something heavier than 20 pounds has climbed over so the remote gatling needs hotting up?

tim
[1] Pi model A+ with gpio attached interface board for rain bucket, wind speed/direction, outdoor temp/humidity, indoor temp, RTC and USB attached Ethernet interface to POE adaptor. WiFi wasn’t practical due to metal roof. Besides, POE means I can hard-reboot by pulling a plug in my server room :-)

--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Strange OpCodes: IIB: Ignore Inquiry and Branch anyway




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 05:36:16PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
> Now that I have my Pi based weather station[1] in operation and mounted up on the peak of my garage roof ...

Sounds like fun :-)

>
> ??? I need to do something with the data it provides. Sadly the code reading the sensors is in Python (for now!) but it sends it as MQTT packets to a mac-mini running the broker. I???m working with Craig on an MQTT client (very early state on http://www.squeaksource.com/@gWFeIvLx-rTHKE2R/Gtrt3pje) to read it but then what?
>
> Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs? What kind of graphs are good for weather data? Should there be chocolate? I guess I ought to store some amount of collected data so maybe it???s time I got to grips with Magma. I???m interested in all ideas that might lead somewhere fun with this. With those ESP8266 wi-fi enabled sorta-arduino things so cheap and easy to set up there must be a gazillion interesting things that could be monitored and analyzed and graphed and indeed actuated in response; let???s not forget that MQTT works both ways.
>

We had some very suitable graph drawing packages about 10 or 15 years ago,
so I pulled out some old images that I was working on back then to have a
look. I remember being able to interact directly with the graphs, and open
inspectors on the points on the graph to look at the data, that sort of thing.

Unfortunately I find to my considerable dismay that I cannot run those images
any mmore. I suspect a few too many numbered primitive updates in the intervening
years, yuk. Might be time to move to SqueakJS.

Dave


> How about a rain sensor sending a message that its raining (duh) which gets collected and turned into a message to your car to close the sunroof before the velvet seat covers (with painted portrait of Elvis, natch) get wet? Or a strain gauge on your security fence alerting you that something heavier than 20 pounds has climbed over so the remote gatling needs hotting up?
>
> tim
> [1] Pi model A+ with gpio attached interface board for rain bucket, wind speed/direction, outdoor temp/humidity, indoor temp, RTC and USB attached Ethernet interface to POE adaptor. WiFi wasn???t practical due to metal roof. Besides, POE means I can hard-reboot by pulling a plug in my server room :-)
>
> --
> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
> Strange OpCodes: IIB: Ignore Inquiry and Branch anyway
>
>

>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

Tobias Pape
In reply to this post by timrowledge

On 21.12.2016, at 02:36, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that I have my Pi based weather station[1] in operation and mounted up on the peak of my garage roof ...
> <IMG_0305.jpeg><IMG_0306.jpeg>
> … I need to do something with the data it provides. Sadly the code reading the sensors is in Python (for now!) but it sends it as MQTT packets to a mac-mini running the broker. I’m working with Craig on an MQTT client (very early state on http://www.squeaksource.com/@gWFeIvLx-rTHKE2R/Gtrt3pje) to read it but then what?

BWT: those squeaksource @-links go away very fast, can you give the project name?

Best regards
        -Tobias

>
> Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs? What kind of graphs are good for weather data? Should there be chocolate? I guess I ought to store some amount of collected data so maybe it’s time I got to grips with Magma. I’m interested in all ideas that might lead somewhere fun with this. With those ESP8266 wi-fi enabled sorta-arduino things so cheap and easy to set up there must be a gazillion interesting things that could be monitored and analyzed and graphed and indeed actuated in response; let’s not forget that MQTT works both ways.
>
> How about a rain sensor sending a message that its raining (duh) which gets collected and turned into a message to your car to close the sunroof before the velvet seat covers (with painted portrait of Elvis, natch) get wet? Or a strain gauge on your security fence alerting you that something heavier than 20 pounds has climbed over so the remote gatling needs hotting up?
>
> tim
> [1] Pi model A+ with gpio attached interface board for rain bucket, wind speed/direction, outdoor temp/humidity, indoor temp, RTC and USB attached Ethernet interface to POE adaptor. WiFi wasn’t practical due to metal roof. Besides, POE means I can hard-reboot by pulling a plug in my server room :-)
>
> --
> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
> Strange OpCodes: IIB: Ignore Inquiry and Branch anyway
>
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

Stéphane Rollandin
In reply to this post by timrowledge
> Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can
> draw nice graphs?

I'm answering this just for the record, because I think it's overkill,
but there is extensive graphing capability in muO.

For example, the one-liner

(NFunction histogram: #(5 10 15 26 12 30 10 20 25 3) origin: 0 delta: 1)
display

produces the attached display.


Stef



NFunctionEditor.png (14K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

Ben Coman
In reply to this post by timrowledge


On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 9:36 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now that I have my Pi based weather station[1] in operation and mounted up on the peak of my garage roof ...
… I need to do something with the data it provides. Sadly the code reading the sensors is in Python (for now!) but it sends it as MQTT packets to a mac-mini running the broker. I’m working with Craig on an MQTT client (very early state on http://www.squeaksource.com/@gWFeIvLx-rTHKE2R/Gtrt3pje) to read it but then what?

Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs?



 
What kind of graphs are good for weather data? Should there be chocolate? I guess I ought to store some amount of collected data so maybe it’s time I got to grips with Magma. I’m interested in all ideas that might lead somewhere fun with this. With those ESP8266 wi-fi enabled sorta-arduino things so cheap and easy to set up there must be a gazillion interesting things that could be monitored and analyzed and graphed and indeed actuated in response; let’s not forget that MQTT works both ways.

How about a rain sensor sending a message that its raining (duh) which gets collected and turned into a message to your car to close the sunroof before the velvet seat covers (with painted portrait of Elvis, natch) get wet? Or a strain gauge on your security fence alerting you that something heavier than 20 pounds has climbed over so the remote gatling needs hotting up?
 

tim
[1] Pi model A+ with gpio attached interface board for rain bucket, wind speed/direction, outdoor temp/humidity, indoor temp, RTC and USB attached Ethernet interface to POE adaptor. WiFi wasn’t practical due to metal roof. Besides, POE means I can hard-reboot by pulling a plug in my server room :-)


Probably too tied to Pharo for you, but worth noting Roassal has a good charting engine...

Maybe parts can be ported to Squeak, but its fairly tied to Athens/Cario graphics backend of Pharo so I don't know how feasible that is.  The easiest way to check it out would be via Moose... 

cheers -ben


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

David T. Lewis
In reply to this post by Stéphane Rollandin
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:04:00AM +0100, St??phane Rollandin wrote:

> >Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can
> >draw nice graphs?
>
> I'm answering this just for the record, because I think it's overkill,
> but there is extensive graphing capability in muO.
>
> For example, the one-liner
>
> (NFunction histogram: #(5 10 15 26 12 30 10 20 25 3) origin: 0 delta: 1)
> display
>
> produces the attached display.
>

Good graphics /and/ great audio output in a weather station? Cool!  :-)

Dave


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

Stéphane Rollandin
> Good graphics /and/ great audio output in a weather station? Cool!  :-)

Yeah, so you can make it a weather radio station...

Stef


bpi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

bpi
In reply to this post by timrowledge
Maybe good, old PlotMorph suffices?
http://www.squeaksource.com/PlotMorph.html

Cheers,
Bernhard

> Am 21.12.2016 um 02:36 schrieb tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>:
>
> Now that I have my Pi based weather station[1] in operation and mounted up on the peak of my garage roof ...
> <IMG_0305.jpeg><IMG_0306.jpeg>
> … I need to do something with the data it provides. Sadly the code reading the sensors is in Python (for now!) but it sends it as MQTT packets to a mac-mini running the broker. I’m working with Craig on an MQTT client (very early state on http://www.squeaksource.com/@gWFeIvLx-rTHKE2R/Gtrt3pje) to read it but then what?
>
> Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs? What kind of graphs are good for weather data? Should there be chocolate? I guess I ought to store some amount of collected data so maybe it’s time I got to grips with Magma. I’m interested in all ideas that might lead somewhere fun with this. With those ESP8266 wi-fi enabled sorta-arduino things so cheap and easy to set up there must be a gazillion interesting things that could be monitored and analyzed and graphed and indeed actuated in response; let’s not forget that MQTT works both ways.
>
> How about a rain sensor sending a message that its raining (duh) which gets collected and turned into a message to your car to close the sunroof before the velvet seat covers (with painted portrait of Elvis, natch) get wet? Or a strain gauge on your security fence alerting you that something heavier than 20 pounds has climbed over so the remote gatling needs hotting up?
>
> tim
> [1] Pi model A+ with gpio attached interface board for rain bucket, wind speed/direction, outdoor temp/humidity, indoor temp, RTC and USB attached Ethernet interface to POE adaptor. WiFi wasn’t practical due to metal roof. Besides, POE means I can hard-reboot by pulling a plug in my server room :-)
>
> --
> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
> Strange OpCodes: IIB: Ignore Inquiry and Branch anyway


bpi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

bpi
There is even documentation including screenshots on our wiki:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2626

Bernhard

> Am 21.12.2016 um 16:08 schrieb Bernhard Pieber <[hidden email]>:
>
> Maybe good, old PlotMorph suffices?
> http://www.squeaksource.com/PlotMorph.html
>
> Cheers,
> Bernhard
>
>> Am 21.12.2016 um 02:36 schrieb tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Now that I have my Pi based weather station[1] in operation and mounted up on the peak of my garage roof ...
>> <IMG_0305.jpeg><IMG_0306.jpeg>
>> … I need to do something with the data it provides. Sadly the code reading the sensors is in Python (for now!) but it sends it as MQTT packets to a mac-mini running the broker. I’m working with Craig on an MQTT client (very early state on http://www.squeaksource.com/@gWFeIvLx-rTHKE2R/Gtrt3pje) to read it but then what?
>>
>> Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs? What kind of graphs are good for weather data? Should there be chocolate? I guess I ought to store some amount of collected data so maybe it’s time I got to grips with Magma. I’m interested in all ideas that might lead somewhere fun with this. With those ESP8266 wi-fi enabled sorta-arduino things so cheap and easy to set up there must be a gazillion interesting things that could be monitored and analyzed and graphed and indeed actuated in response; let’s not forget that MQTT works both ways.
>>
>> How about a rain sensor sending a message that its raining (duh) which gets collected and turned into a message to your car to close the sunroof before the velvet seat covers (with painted portrait of Elvis, natch) get wet? Or a strain gauge on your security fence alerting you that something heavier than 20 pounds has climbed over so the remote gatling needs hotting up?
>>
>> tim
>> [1] Pi model A+ with gpio attached interface board for rain bucket, wind speed/direction, outdoor temp/humidity, indoor temp, RTC and USB attached Ethernet interface to POE adaptor. WiFi wasn’t practical due to metal roof. Besides, POE means I can hard-reboot by pulling a plug in my server room :-)
>>
>> --
>> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>> Strange OpCodes: IIB: Ignore Inquiry and Branch anyway
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Backward image and VM compatibility (was: Graphing weather data)

David T. Lewis
In reply to this post by David T. Lewis
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 09:47:39PM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 05:36:16PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
> > Now that I have my Pi based weather station[1] in operation and mounted up on the peak of my garage roof ...
>
> Sounds like fun :-)
>
> >
> > ??? I need to do something with the data it provides. Sadly the code reading the sensors is in Python (for now!) but it sends it as MQTT packets to a mac-mini running the broker. I???m working with Craig on an MQTT client (very early state on http://www.squeaksource.com/@gWFeIvLx-rTHKE2R/Gtrt3pje) to read it but then what?
> >
> > Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs? What kind of graphs are good for weather data? Should there be chocolate? I guess I ought to store some amount of collected data so maybe it???s time I got to grips with Magma. I???m interested in all ideas that might lead somewhere fun with this. With those ESP8266 wi-fi enabled sorta-arduino things so cheap and easy to set up there must be a gazillion interesting things that could be monitored and analyzed and graphed and indeed actuated in response; let???s not forget that MQTT works both ways.
> >
>
> We had some very suitable graph drawing packages about 10 or 15 years ago,
> so I pulled out some old images that I was working on back then to have a
> look. I remember being able to interact directly with the graphs, and open
> inspectors on the points on the graph to look at the data, that sort of thing.

Indeed I was thinking of PlotMorph, as Bernhard Pieber suggested in his reply.

>
> Unfortunately I find to my considerable dismay that I cannot run those images
> any mmore. I suspect a few too many numbered primitive updates in the intervening
> years, yuk. Might be time to move to SqueakJS.
>

Following up on this, the backward compatibility for interpreter VM supporting
old images was broken in VMMaker-dtl.387 of 8 November 2016, due to my attempt
to align the primitive table closer to Cog/Spur:

  VMMaker 4.15.9
 
  Various refactorings for stack/context interpreters.
 
  VMMaker tool allow selection of context or stack interpreter (stack is not yet functional, requires struct code generation).
 
  Add some FilePlugin updates from oscog, excluding those with platforms code dependencies (primitiveDirectoryEntry, primitiveDirectoryDelimitor).
 
  Retire some old primitives in Interpreter class>>initializePrimitiveTable to align with oscog.

I confirmed that the prior version does still run my older images from 10 or 15 years ago.
For the record, that version of the code can be checked out and compiled with:

  $ svn co -3749 http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms
  $ svn co -r3749 http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/src
  $ mkdir build; cd build
  $ cp ../platforms/unix/cmake/Makefile.example Makefile
  $ make
  $ sudo make install

I'm trying to think of a suitable way to initialize the primitive table at runtime,
such that a wider range of images can be supported. But I guess that discussion belongs
on vm-dev.

Dave


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Backward image and VM compatibility

Bob Arning-2

Is there a specific oldest image which current VMs are expected to run?


On 12/21/16 11:38 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
Following up on this, the backward compatibility for interpreter VM supporting
old images was broken in VMMaker-dtl.387 of 8 November 2016, due to my attempt
to align the primitive table closer to Cog/Spur:



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Backward image and VM compatibility

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 05:15:29PM -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
> Is there a specific oldest image which current VMs are expected to run?
>

A current interpreter VM should run a Squeak 3.2 image, although with some
problems. It should be able to run images from the Squeak 3.6 and 3.8 era
without problems. And it should run anything else up to but not including Spur.

Dave

>
> On 12/21/16 11:38 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >Following up on this, the backward compatibility for interpreter VM
> >supporting
> >old images was broken in VMMaker-dtl.387 of 8 November 2016, due to my
> >attempt
> >to align the primitive table closer to Cog/Spur:
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Backward image and VM compatibility

Bob Arning-2

Is the current interpreter VM (for the mac) one of the ones on http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/? I'm not clear how to parse the names of things into what they can or cannot do.


On 12/21/16 5:56 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 05:15:29PM -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
Is there a specific oldest image which current VMs are expected to run?

A current interpreter VM should run a Squeak 3.2 image, although with some
problems. It should be able to run images from the Squeak 3.6 and 3.8 era
without problems. And it should run anything else up to but not including Spur.

Dave

On 12/21/16 11:38 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
Following up on this, the backward compatibility for interpreter VM 
supporting
old images was broken in VMMaker-dtl.387 of 8 November 2016, due to my 
attempt
to align the primitive table closer to Cog/Spur:

      




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Backward image and VM compatibility

David T. Lewis
I am referring specifically to an interpreter VM that you might build from the
latest updated sources according to this recipe:

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6354

That is not very helpful if you are on a Mac, sorry for that. I think that
it may work on Mac if you have the X11 support installed, but I am not in
a position to verify it.

The squeakvm.org site is getting out of date, although Ian Piumarta said
in private email that he would welcome constructive input to bring it up
to date, and possibly to update the interpreter VM builds if there is some
general interest in doing so.

Dave


On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 06:17:55PM -0500, Bob Arning wrote:

> Is the current interpreter VM (for the mac) one of the ones on
> http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/? I'm not clear how to parse the names of
> things into what they can or cannot do.
>
>
> On 12/21/16 5:56 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 05:15:29PM -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
> >>Is there a specific oldest image which current VMs are expected to run?
> >>
> >A current interpreter VM should run a Squeak 3.2 image, although with some
> >problems. It should be able to run images from the Squeak 3.6 and 3.8 era
> >without problems. And it should run anything else up to but not including
> >Spur.
> >
> >Dave
> >
> >>On 12/21/16 11:38 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >>>Following up on this, the backward compatibility for interpreter VM
> >>>supporting
> >>>old images was broken in VMMaker-dtl.387 of 8 November 2016, due to my
> >>>attempt
> >>>to align the primitive table closer to Cog/Spur:
> >
>

>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Backward image and VM compatibility

Javier Diaz-Reinoso
In reply to this post by Bob Arning-2
The link in http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/:
Squeak 4.2.5beta1U
is for the last original Mac interpreter, this can only open the old images (no closures), there is a 4.2.5b2 version in:

http://squeakvm.org/~lewis/MacOS-test-Javier/

with I recompiled for David Lewis with the then (Sep/2014) updated VMMaker, this version can open the old images and also the Cog images.

On 21 Dec 2016, at 18:17, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is the current interpreter VM (for the mac) one of the ones on http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/? I'm not clear how to parse the names of things into what they can or cannot do.


On 12/21/16 5:56 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 05:15:29PM -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
Is there a specific oldest image which current VMs are expected to run?

A current interpreter VM should run a Squeak 3.2 image, although with some
problems. It should be able to run images from the Squeak 3.6 and 3.8 era
without problems. And it should run anything else up to but not including Spur.

Dave

On 12/21/16 11:38 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
Following up on this, the backward compatibility for interpreter VM 
supporting
old images was broken in VMMaker-dtl.387 of 8 November 2016, due to my 
attempt
to align the primitive table closer to Cog/Spur:

      

    





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Backward image and VM compatibility

David T. Lewis
Thanks Javier,

We need to get the squeakvm.org/mac/ page updated to fix the dead links, delete
the incorrect "lastest builds" references, and to point to your 4.2.5b2 package
as the most up to date version for the Carbon VMs.

Dave

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 06:58:07PM -0500, Javier Diaz-Reinoso wrote:

> The link in http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/ <http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/>:
> > Squeak 4.2.5beta1U <http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%204.2.5beta1U.zip>is for the last original Mac interpreter, this can only open the old images (no closures), there is a 4.2.5b2 version in:
>
> > http://squeakvm.org/~lewis/MacOS-test-Javier/ <http://squeakvm.org/~lewis/MacOS-test-Javier/>
> with I recompiled for David Lewis with the then (Sep/2014) updated VMMaker, this version can open the old images and also the Cog images.
>
> > On 21 Dec 2016, at 18:17, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Is the current interpreter VM (for the mac) one of the ones on http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/ <http://www.squeakvm.org/mac/>? I'm not clear how to parse the names of things into what they can or cannot do.
> >
> > On 12/21/16 5:56 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 05:15:29PM -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
> >>> Is there a specific oldest image which current VMs are expected to run?
> >>>
> >> A current interpreter VM should run a Squeak 3.2 image, although with some
> >> problems. It should be able to run images from the Squeak 3.6 and 3.8 era
> >> without problems. And it should run anything else up to but not including Spur.
> >>
> >> Dave
> >>
> >>> On 12/21/16 11:38 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >>>> Following up on this, the backward compatibility for interpreter VM
> >>>> supporting
> >>>> old images was broken in VMMaker-dtl.387 of 8 November 2016, due to my
> >>>> attempt
> >>>> to align the primitive table closer to Cog/Spur:
> >>
> >
> >
>

>


ksi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

ksi
In reply to this post by timrowledge
There is a thread about MQTT in the "Pharo World" that you might find interesting

http://forum.world.st/MQTT-for-Pharo-tt4927759.html

and here is a link to the project

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SvenVanCaekenberghe/MQTT/

Cheers
Kiril
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

timrowledge
Yes, thanks Kiril. Frank Shearer mentioned it to me yesterday as well and I’ve taken a look. It’s a decent start but there is quite a bit still to work out. I prefer my hierarchy for the different types of packet as well, but that’s simply personal taste.

> On 22-12-2016, at 7:25 AM, ksi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There is a thread about MQTT in the "Pharo World" that you might find
> interesting



tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Strange OpCodes: DNPG: Do Not Pass Go



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

timrowledge
In reply to this post by ksi

> On 22-12-2016, at 7:25 AM, ksi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There is a thread about MQTT in the "Pharo World" that you might find
> interesting
>
> http://forum.world.st/MQTT-for-Pharo-tt4927759.html

Ah, sigh. I tried to reply to this thread via forum.world.st but it looks like it refuses to pass it on. I simply don’t have time to sit on the pharo email list as well as all the other stuff - so hopefully it is readable to anyone else visiting and Sven will see it anyway.


tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Strange OpCodes: FCE: Fill Core with Epoxy



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Graphing weather data

Chris Muller-3
In reply to this post by timrowledge
Are there any current projects that will work in squeak5.1/spur that can draw nice graphs?

I did a ton of work to Diego Gomez Deck's PlotMorph, which runs in trunk.


You should use Magma for any Squeak data project.  Its by far the safest way to keep your objects.


12
Loading...