HELP!! can't use windows in a proper way

HELP!! can't use windows in a proper way

Gonzalo Romano
hi this is the first mail a send to this list, so I'll introduce my
self, I'm an Argentinian systems engineering student  from UTN
(national tecnological university) introduction done here's the thing:
I'm implementing a genetic algorithm in squeak  I've found an
implementation but a wanted to do it my self, I managed to make all
the code from the algorithm itself but i can't find the way to display
it properly, on a nice window, I have implemented printOn: in all my
classes so i'm able to print all my individuals and populations
what i need is to have graphics of how they evolve and put them on a
window i know how to create a window but I don't how to put things on
them, and I've browse the senders of addMorph: Frame: but I dont
understand them.
any help is good for me  thanks

pd:I LOVE SMALLTALK CAN'T USE ANOTHER LANGUAGE SINCE I LEARNED A BIT OF IT
--
Gonzalo, Romano

Re: HELP!! can't use windows in a proper way

Herbert König
Hello Gonzalo,

GR> hi this is the first mail a send to this list, so I'll introduce my
GR> self, I'm an Argentinian systems engineering student  from UTN

welcome, I'm a 50+ self employed German electronic engineer with far
too little time for squeak :-))

GR> (national tecnological university) introduction done here's the thing:
GR> I'm implementing a genetic algorithm in squeak  I've found an
GR> implementation but a wanted to do it my self, I managed to make all
GR> the code from the algorithm itself but i can't find the way to display
GR> it properly, on a nice window, I have implemented printOn: in all my

If you need an example of a traditional window gui look into
TestRunner>>openAsMorph, this (in 3.6) helped me.

For myself I usually don't bother to put a GUI into a window but you
easily can put this in a system window. The attached gif shows a
sample of the attached class. A Sofm is (in this case) a rectangular
(here I  think 12x12) neural network. The activation of an output is
shown as a shade of blue, the rectangles are arranged according to
their coordinates in the network.

So I see how the Input sentence of the second line 'ZD(15V)...'
excites the network.

The buttons "Vorheriges" and "Nächstes" select the previous or next
sentence, and the "Trainiere.." buttons train the network. "Verlassen"
exits the GUI.

GR> classes so i'm able to print all my individuals and populations
GR> what i need is to have graphics of how they evolve and put them on a
GR> window i know how to create a window but I don't how to put things on
GR> them, and I've browse the senders of addMorph: Frame: but I dont
GR> understand them.

What have I done?.
Start browsing with buildGui.
Please note, a TableLayout in spite of its name is a layout of rows or
columns, depending on #listDirection.

#buildHeadline puts a simple TextMorph on the top, use addMorphBack to
get the expected sequence.

#buildCurrentComment does just the same, text is changed with
#updateCurrentComment, contents: takes a String as the argument.

#buildRows just builds the array of morphs, which are coloured in
updateOutputMorphs.

#buildButtons builds two rows of buttons linking into the data model.

This is just a crude example. You may want to put LineMorphs on your
display to plot your fitness over the generations.

Also get the PluggableMorphsDemo.pr (I think from the swiki, just
google) to get an understanding how to link a UI to a data model.

Hope it helps, your request is a bit unspecific. No criticism, you
just don't yet know what to ask, I know that feeling :-))

GR> pd:I LOVE SMALLTALK CAN'T USE ANOTHER LANGUAGE SINCE I LEARNED A BIT OF IT
To keep my perspective I still work in assembler sometimes :-))

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

SofmTrainingsDisplay.st (11K) Download Attachment
SofmTrainingsDisplay.gif (9K) Download Attachment

Re: HELP!! can't use windows in a proper way

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas

Hi Gonzalo,

If you need to show evolving behavior of multiple things on Squeak, may
be you can consider using Kedama. Of course you will need to rewrite
some things of your genetic algorithm to use the Kedama objects.

Cheers,

Offray

We have a local spanish community wiki with information related to
Squeak, may be you can take a look at
http://www.el-directorio.org/CategorySqueak

Gonzalo Romano escribió:

> hi this is the first mail a send to this list, so I'll introduce my
> self, I'm an Argentinian systems engineering student  from UTN
> (national tecnological university) introduction done here's the thing:
> I'm implementing a genetic algorithm in squeak  I've found an
> implementation but a wanted to do it my self, I managed to make all
> the code from the algorithm itself but i can't find the way to display
> it properly, on a nice window, I have implemented printOn: in all my
> classes so i'm able to print all my individuals and populations
> what i need is to have graphics of how they evolve and put them on a
> window i know how to create a window but I don't how to put things on
> them, and I've browse the senders of addMorph: Frame: but I dont
> understand them.
> any help is good for me  thanks
>
> pd:I LOVE SMALLTALK CAN'T USE ANOTHER LANGUAGE SINCE I LEARNED A BIT
> OF IT

AVISO LEGAL: El presente correo electronico no representa la opinion o el consentimiento oficial de la PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA. Este mensaje es confidencial y puede contener informacion privilegiada la cual no puede ser usada ni divulgada a personas distintas de su destinatario. Esta prohibida la retencion, grabacion, utilizacion, aprovechamiento o divulgacion con cualquier proposito. Si por error recibe este mensaje, por favor destruya su contenido y avise a su remitente.
En este aviso legal se omiten intencionalmente las tildes.

Este mensaje ha sido revisado por un sistema antivirus, por lo que su contenido esta libre de virus.
This e-mail has been scanned by an antivirus system, so its contents is free of viruses.