HTTP Client

christophe.jalady
Hello,

I search for a simple HTTP client which give me access to the "response header".
Actually, I search for a "mature & almost complete" HTTP client implementation.

I have found severals:

* HTTPSocket:
Do not give access to the response header and it is limited.

* HTTPClient:
Too limited.

* SptHTTPRequest (From Universe->Network->HTTPClient version 19)
 http://universes.dnsalias.net:8888/universes/repositories/stable-3.7/SWHTTPClient-bkv.19.mcz
This one looks ok ... but this version does not work ! (I get a BlockClosure
does not understand #deferredValue) try running the simple test:
|request|
request := SptHTTPRequest new.
request openGetTo: 'http://www.google.fr'.
request send; waitOnReady.

* HC HTTPClient
http://map.squeak.org/package/8644a5ff-923c-438f-b5b0-a281de346040
Looks good but I did not find any sources !

* I have read something about reusing libcurl but it looks completely sensless
for me ...

I am using Squeak 4.1 (andr Pharo 1.0 to)

So:
- Did somone know how to fix SptHTTPRequest or where to find the source code of
" HC HTTPClient"
- Did someone know a real working solution for doing HTTP queries ?

Thank you for your help.

Christophe.

Re: HTTP Client

Chris Cunnington
Hi Christophe,
Either you're asking a question I haven't understood, or your asking a very simple question. It sounds like you want
HttpRequest/HttpResponse. I have a feeling if you're using Universes and SqueakMap as your first choice to get code, then maybe you're new to Squeak. I think you want to go to http://www.squeaksource.com/KomHttpServer.html and download the KomHttpServer. Specifically, you want to open Monticello and use it to access the KomHttpServer repository. Then  you want to install DynamicBindings, KomServices, and then KomHttpServer. Watch the first half of this video to install Comanche: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52JcJwHjAA
Now clearly I've answered some kind of question. If that's not the one you asked, my apologies.

Chris

Re: HTTP Client

Andreas.Raab
On 5/4/2010 1:58 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I search for a simple HTTP client which give me access to the "response header".
> Actually, I search for a "mature&  almost complete" HTTP client implementation.

Thanks for the question. You just pushed me over the edge to finally
release WebClient and WebServer, see
http://www.squeaksource.com/WebClient.html :-)

I hope this serves your needs. If it doesn't I'd be interested in
knowing what you think is missing.

Cheers,
   - Andreas