HTTPProxyEditor preference in 3.9 - username / password

HTTPProxyEditor preference in 3.9 - username / password

Milan Zimmermann-2
Hi,

I am trying to use Squeak's "Find a Project" behind HTTP Proxy which requires
username and password. I see the "http proxy" in the Preferences Browser but
it does not seem to have a place for login/password (neither it asks for it
once the connection is attempted). Is there a way to set username/password?
(I searched the list and there are some indications (1993) a changeset
existed to allow setting it but I do not really see how to do it even in 3.7
and 3.8)

Thanks Milan

Re: HTTPProxyEditor preference in 3.9 - username / password

German Arduino-2
Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Squeak's "Find a Project" behind HTTP Proxy which requires
> username and password. I see the "http proxy" in the Preferences Browser but
> it does not seem to have a place for login/password (neither it asks for it
> once the connection is attempted). Is there a way to set username/password?
> (I searched the list and there are some indications (1993) a changeset
> existed to allow setting it but I do not really see how to do it even in 3.7
> and 3.8)
>
> Thanks Milan

Try evaluating in a workspace:

HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum proxyUser:
aString password: anotherString

Cheers.
gsa.

On Friday 24 March 2006 18:16, German Arduino wrote:

> Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to use Squeak's "Find a Project" behind HTTP Proxy which
> > requires username and password. I see the "http proxy" in the Preferences
> > Browser but it does not seem to have a place for login/password (neither
> > it asks for it once the connection is attempted). Is there a way to set
> > username/password? (I searched the list and there are some indications
> > (1993) a changeset existed to allow setting it but I do not really see
> > how to do it even in 3.7 and 3.8)
> >
> > Thanks Milan
>
> Try evaluating in a workspace:
>
> HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum proxyUser:
> aString password: anotherString

German,

Thanks - this seems as if it should be working, but I am getting a message
"HTTP Proxy Authentication required". I think I am setting all proxy info
correctly, as it works if I set the same info into my browser for "Manual
Proxy Settings". I will look further why it does not work from Squeak for me

Thanks Milan

> Cheers.
> gsa.

Re: HTTPProxyEditor preference in 3.9 - username / password

garduino
Take care of the data types, by example:

HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: '192.168.1.10' port: 80 proxyUser:
'user' password: 'mypassword'

HTH.
gsa-

On 2006 March 25 06:22, Germán Arduino wrote:
> Take care of the data types, by example:
>
> HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: '192.168.1.10' port: 80 proxyUser:
> 'user' password: 'mypassword'

Thanks German, I should have the types correct except .. I do not use IP
address, but a string such as 'abc.whatever' that Flock autodiscovered as
proxy server. I will ask a sysadmin on Monday if I have that right, but do
you think HTTPSocket requires IP here?

Thanks Milan

> HTH.
> gsa-
>
> 2006/3/25, Milan Zimmermann <[hidden email]>:

> > > Try evaluating in a workspace:
> > >
> > > HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum
> > > proxyUser: aString password: anotherString
> >
> > German,
> >
> > Thanks - this seems as if it should be working, but I am getting a
> > message "HTTP Proxy Authentication required". I think I am setting all
> > proxy info correctly, as it works if I set the same info into my browser
> > for "Manual Proxy Settings". I will look further why it does not work
> > from Squeak for me
> >
> > Thanks Milan
> >
> > > Cheers.
> > > gsa.

Re: HTTPProxyEditor preference in 3.9 - username / password

garduino
May be needed to state the ip when no way to solve the name, by
example, when no access to DNSs o Wins (in a Windows network).

In my experiencie, stating the IP is the simplest method.

Cheers.