Has anyone done Plumbin' ?

timrowledge
An old but nice demo is Plumbin’ (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/701). HMM did a Morphic version 15 years ago (eek). Has anyone done an up to date version? If so, either please edit the swiki page, or tell me and I’ll edit it.

tim
Mommy!  The cursor's winking at me!

Re: Has anyone done Plumbin' ?

Karl Ramberg
Steve Wessels Pipes game:
http://squeak.preeminent.org/

Cheers,
Karl

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 2:47 AM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
An old but nice demo is Plumbin’ (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/701). HMM did a Morphic version 15 years ago (eek). Has anyone done an up to date version? If so, either please edit the swiki page, or tell me and I’ll edit it.

tim
Mommy!  The cursor's winking at me!

Re: Has anyone done Plumbin' ?

Hannes Hirzel
I think it is the same as the Pipes Game available on SqueakMap.

--Hannes

On 12/21/13, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> An old but nice demo is Plumbin’ (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/701). HMM
> did a Morphic version 15 years ago (eek). Has anyone done an up to date
> version? If so, either please edit the swiki page, or tell me and I’ll edit
> it.
>
> tim
> Mommy!  The cursor's winking at me!

Re: Has anyone done Plumbin' ?

Tobias Pape
Hi tim

On 21.12.2013, at 02:47, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> An old but nice demo is Plumbin’ (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/701). HMM did a Morphic version 15 years ago (eek). Has anyone done an up to date version? If so, either please edit the swiki page, or tell me and I’ll edit it.
>
> tim

Among others, there’s a pipe game at
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/projects/olpc/index.html
While targeted for the XO, the game have all been developed in
Squeak/Morphic over the last years.

Best
        -Tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Has anyone done Plumbin' ?

timrowledge
Thanks folks, just in case you’re wondering why  I asked - it’s mentioned on one of the swiki tutorial pages I’m trying to update. It’s such a nice old project I really hope it can be kept available always. It’s also a nice approach to certain kinds of programming and I’d love to see someone with proper electronic and/or electrical knowledge using it as a basis for teaching wiring and signal processing and stuff like that. T’would make a nice app to put on the Pi, for example.

tim
"How many Kzin does it take to change a lightbulb?" "None. You can scream and leap in the dark."