Has anyone done a tutorial on...

12

Re: Has anyone done a tutorial on...

timrowledge

> On 20-09-2017, at 11:19 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ...I’d commit it to git except… git.
>
>     Have you tried the GitHub Desktop macOS app from GitHub? I find it
> to be not scary.

I have, and find it really annoying a lot of the time. I have been able to commit & sync stuff for the Pi/Scratch repository in the past but simply can’t make it seem to want to work with the Squeak repo.

tim
Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow.

Re: Has anyone done a tutorial on...

Phil B

On Sep 22, 2017 4:56 PM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 22.09.2017, at 22:46, Phil B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That's not what I'm seeing. (Just tried again)  I get a 6k TrunkImage.zip download and an unzip error basically telling me it's an invalid archive... Which it is.  When I look at the zip file it appears to instead be a HTML page for Travis CI complaining about JavaScript being disabled...

Sounds as if your checkout is out of date?
Can you check that your image/getlatesttrunkimage.sh
looks like that?
         https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/image/getlatesttrunkimage.sh
Best regards
        -Tobias

Tobias,

I didn't even see an image/getlatesttrunkimage.sh file.  So thinking that my repo might have gotten corrupted or was just not updating for some reason (the last commit I was seeing was early August), I re-cloned it... now the VMMaker image build works.  First time I've had that issue with git...

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Has anyone done a tutorial on...

Phil B

Tim,

Thanks for the pointers but Tobias got me right to the issue: my repo was messed up and not updating.

Thanks,
Phil

On Sep 22, 2017 4:55 PM, "tim Rowledge" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 22-09-2017, at 1:46 PM, Phil B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That's not what I'm seeing. (Just tried again)  I get a 6k TrunkImage.zip download and an unzip error basically telling me it's an invalid archive... Which it is.  When I look at the zip file it appears to instead be a HTML page for Travis CI complaining about JavaScript being disabled…

Well that’s not good.

Try running the script with shell debugging on to show everything it does. See http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/sect_02_03.html for a basic explanation if you’re not already familiar.  It almost makes sense to me.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Te precor dulcissime supplex! = Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Re: Has anyone done a tutorial on...

Tobias Pape

> On 26.09.2017, at 02:20, Phil B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Sep 22, 2017 4:56 PM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 22.09.2017, at 22:46, Phil B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> That's not what I'm seeing. (Just tried again)  I get a 6k TrunkImage.zip download and an unzip error basically telling me it's an invalid archive... Which it is.  When I look at the zip file it appears to instead be a HTML page for Travis CI complaining about JavaScript being disabled...
>>
> Sounds as if your checkout is out of date?
> Can you check that your image/getlatesttrunkimage.sh
> looks like that?
>         https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/image/getlatesttrunkimage.sh
> Best regards
>        -Tobias
>
> Tobias,
>
> I didn't even see an image/getlatesttrunkimage.sh file.  So thinking that my repo might have gotten corrupted or was just not updating for some reason (the last commit I was seeing was early August), I re-cloned it... now the VMMaker image build works.  First time I've had that issue with git...

Maybe wrong branch? Currently 'Cog' is the active branch…

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Thanks,
> Phil