Hello from Second Life

LawsonEnglish
Hi, my name is Lawson English. I'm a long time Smalltalk fan (though not
a programmer yet) and a user of various existing virtual worlds. I've
played Everquest, EQ II and Worlds of Warcraft and I'm currently
learning the Second Life environment.

A project I'm working on (just started) is to slightly modify the Second
Life client so that it can start Croquet and allow one to use Croquet
while still being able to chat with other Second Life users from within
Croquet while the Second Life client is running.

The idea will be to allow two or more Second Life users to meet within
Second Life and agree to rendezvous within a Croquet world. for some
reason like building things, or discussing things in a way that can't be
accomplished within SL (like via collaborative pictures, white boards,
etc) and still maintain some presence within SL, including chat/IM.

I'm a newbie both to Squeak/Croquet programming AND to Second Life
client programming, sothis will be a learning experience for me. What
I'd like to do is establish contacts wth Croquet users, both those who
also use Second LIfe and those who don''t, so we can test ideas,
connections, etc.

If anyone is interested in helping in some way, or to just chat in SL or
Croquet, please let me know.

Thanks.

Lawson English

aka Saijanai Kuhn in Second Life

Re: Hello from Second Life

Paul Sheldon-2
I am only just beginning to learn how to build worlds and real estate.

Wikipedia on Linden Labs gave me the impression that 2nd Life
was selling real estate.

Interesting.

Re: Hello from Second Life

ken.hubbell