[Help] On Mantis how do you manage filtering for each view name?

1 message Options

[Help] On Mantis how do you manage filtering for each view name?

Jerome Peace

When I am signed in to mantis anonymously.

If I press "my view" I get a summary of several
different views.

Unassigned
Resolved
Recently Modified

If I am logged in as a reporter add to those also

Reported by me
Monitored by me.

There are several different things acting as filters.

The outermost is the project
which can be

all projects

or exactly one of (currently):

squeak
smallwiki2
croquet
tweak
squeak packages
squeak website
squeakland
squeak 3.8

==========

If I press view issues
I get a list of all issues (in my selected catagory
and a list of filter settings

Reporter:
Monitored By:
Assigned To:
Category:
Severity:
Resolution:
Profile:
[Myself]
any
any
any
any
any
any
none
any
any
any
any

Show:
View Status:
Show Sticky Issues:
Changed(hrs):
Use Date Filters:
Relationships:
150
any
No
6
No
any
Sort by:
Last Update Descending

(above is a slightly edited paste of filters that come
up when Reported by me is pressed.)

Pressing any of the fields will allow me to edit all
fields and pressing a button (Use Filter) on the
following line will regenerate the view with the
filters applied.

The following line has

[-] -- a hyperlink to the view all bugs page
Search: -- this is just a text discription.
input box -- allows a search target string to be
input.
Apply Filter -- this is a confusingly named button
that does the search and returns only the list of bugs
that have the target
[ Advanced Filters ] -- hyperlink or button that
brings up the same page except this hyperlink will now
read [ simple Filters ]

[Reset Filters] -- a pop up menu that gives me choices
between
reset filters,
a blank line,
nofiltering, and
fixes.

Use Filter  -- button that applies the filters above
this line.
Manage Filters -- button that brings up a page that
give me the option of selecting between the options
that appeared in [Reset Filters] i.e.

nofiltering and
fixes

both of which bring up the all bugs page with a
different set of filters set.

nofiltering gives me a list of all bugs

fixes give me an empty set of bugs ( status is set to
resolved and hide status is set to (Resolved and
above)
so I assume this is attached to the resolved view.)

==============

So Help.

How do I control what is set for the filters in the
five views available to me.

When I do set filter setting what are they attached
to?

And where are they stored ( on impara or in the
cookies on my machine or ...)

I've got more questions but I don't want to unfocus
this post any further than I already have.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

http://mail.yahoo.com