Help > Terse Guide to Squeak

ReliableRobots.com
i suggest a Terse Guide to Squeak distinct from the existing Terse Guide to Smalltalk.
this should include everything in the All-In-One not in the Terse Guide including;
1) What the Resources bundles are; why and how to use them
2) How to use common peripherals like internet, Webcam, Audio, printer
3) How to write .Windows dll's and Linux equivalents to interact with Squeak
4) How to use Squeak on a network with multiple computers and cores
5) How to package an application for deployment i.e. without Halos etc.
6) Interacting with other software and their file formats like .dxf, .pdf, docx
7) Advanced topics like moving from interpreted Smalltalk to.exe Smalltalk for size and speed.

Although forum availability of answers is appreciated, it is a lid on productivity compared to having 90% of the answers in a Terse Guide.  It would improve the existing Terse Guide to make it possible to copy examples to try out instead of just showing them.

My interest is currently developing a robot controller in Squeak, which will require much of the above.  i am aware there are at least two complete robot systems online in C++ and a toy robot system in Squeak but I'd prefer to do a real robot with Squeak as my robot operating system. But i need real access to code such as a tutorial on hooking up OpenCV or how to write my own video contour program to attempt video object identification and a like tutorial on working with Audio to recognize speech, which most software still does not do well.

I'll need a balance system that can do this.  It may cross the line between a toy robot and a real robot.

Re: Help > Terse Guide to Squeak

jelena

cbc

Re: Help > Terse Guide to Squeak

cbc
That would be interesting, although it would seem to stretch the 'terse' name.  Maybe not - just terse, but not short.

For what it is worth, I think the Resource Bundles are for Mac only - I know I always start off by purging them when I unpack the all-in-one (I'm on Windows).

-cbc