[Help] What object do I ask for version information once I have Class and selector?

[Help] What object do I ask for version information once I have Class and selector?

Jerome Peace
This is from my quest to trackdown and report
unimplemented calls.

"unimp := SystemNavagator default unimplemented" .

will get me the a list of unimplemented selectors with
the lists of class and methods that selects them.

What I want is to report the callers in a more
detailed fashion.

For each caller I want to report the stamp of the most
recent version of the call. This will give initials a
timestamp and the class name and selector.

Presently I can get this by manually browsing the
selector. browsing the versions. Then inspecting the
version listitems and copying the first one.

I did that for the some of the 77 new additions (7054
- 6665 )

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=4544

but to do it for all 187 and the future this now needs
to be automated.

It would also be good to add the package name to each
caller in the report.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [Help] What object do I ask for version information once I have Class and selector?

Klaus D. Witzel
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:11:06 +0200, Peace Jerome wrote:

> This is from my quest to trackdown and report
> unimplemented calls.
>
> "unimp := SystemNavagator default unimplemented" .
>
> will get me the a list of unimplemented selectors with
> the lists of class and methods that selects them.
>
> What I want is to report the callers in a more
> detailed fashion.
>
> For each caller I want to report the stamp of the most
> recent version of the call. This will give initials a
> timestamp and the class name and selector.
>
> Presently I can get this by manually browsing the
> selector. browsing the versions. Then inspecting the
> version listitems and copying the first one.

For automating I'd suggest use of (CompiledMethod>>#timeStamp)timeStamp,
make a printIt on this expression to see what it reports.

/Klaus