Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

Americo Damasceno
If you have created any .c3d file (can be having only our exercice or a simple
red cube) please let us know the web address of it.
We need to know if there are pleople readind the tutorials, understanding  and
doing the exercices and how many they are.
Thanks.

Re: Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

Paul Sheldon-2
I launched cobalt and chose Simple Demo (master) for
the
world I would use since it would take a lesser time to
load
supporting files for looking glass gates.

Connected on phone line, this took a lot of time, so I
hung up modem
(I think croquet thinks incorrectly it has to get
something from internet).
Launch of world was fast offline.

I loaded your nearly empty world, DMU0.c3d, I then
added thing
I built using tutorial land1.ase

I then saved on Places menu and looked for what I
saved in cache in cobalt folder.

In my directory on your course, I put it in a folder
wherein I also put an alias to mac terminal
and notes on ftp'ing from mac terminal.

I took that folder and wrote cd and then a space in
make terminal and dragged that folder into mac
terminal to cd to that directory.
Mac terminal is finder drag enabled (blessing since
path name long).

I ftp'd and made a directory croquetWorlds with unix
command mkdir
after I cd'd to what I wanted as parent directory (the
top of my web pages).

I issued ftp command, put land1PutInDMU0.c3d, in
binary mode (it had started out that way, but I wrote
command line bin to be sure).

I put it at :

http://home.flash.net/~psheldon/croquetWorlds/land1PutInDMU0.c3d

This was all through phone line as it was 516k!

When I tried Places/New Place/...url to open it from
modem,
the modem unexpectedly hung up and I shot to a wifi
source to not mess around.

I loaded my world from the url. When each of us saved
worlds we left our inert avatar.

Sometimes I got a texturing error like in the tutorial
(I tried to "visit myself"). This is an emergent
idea and I won't write until I get it straight.

--- Americo Fraga Damasceno Junior <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> If you have created any .c3d file (can be having
> only our exercice or a simple
> red cube) please let us know the web address of it.
> We need to know if there are pleople readind the
> tutorials, understanding  and
> doing the exercices and how many they are.
> Thanks.

Re: Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

Paul Sheldon-2
On second launch of simple demo (master) the first
corrects its texture!

Surprise AI guys say is the essense of information.
This inspires us AI guys when we are confused.

Further, entry point is way up;
it is also way off the island so gravity doesn't work
(This offsetting of our origens reminds me of stuff in
the tutorials)
Therefore, I have to make Alice manually descend.

My arrow keys to go up and down have sluggish feedback
and I have to use "intuition" to get her down to land1
(I have to anticipate sluggish feedback).
I don't know how many people can do this anticipatory
stuff,
so they'll go to my world and just see a void.

:-(

I don't remember how to have Alice look down so I
could
aim her at the gravity fast and not have to deal with
the sluggish feedback.

Blue tooth mighty mouse has faster response.

Re: Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

Americo Damasceno
Congratulations Paul! You are the  first presenting a public Cobalt island (not
included in the product or that mine).

A curiosity(?): Paul is  using Cobalt at a Mac (I presume).

His island is at:

http://home.flash.net/~psheldon/croquetWorlds/land1PutInDMU0.c3d

and can be accessed by any Cobalt "browser".

There are some little mistakes(?) at his exercice. Look the images I did:

1 -
http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/Paul0.jpg

The .ase file (land1) was loaded too much under of the "entry point" of the
island

2 -
http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/Paul1.jpg

The position and textures of the cubes are not like proposed by the exercice.

But, beeing the first presenting any work for us,  your note is...: 10!

Thanks. I am waiting other tests for many other guys.

Thanks. I am waiting other tests for many other guys.

Re: Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

Americo Damasceno
Sorry, waufrepi, but I believe the the "multiplayer thing" is not yet
implemented for Cobalt.

It's a pre-alpha version!

I hope that soon we will have chat etc.

By the way: we dont have also yet automatic load of new Classes or Squeak
projects inside "Croquet-windows". So, we need to pre-load .pr files and new
Classes, using .st, before to load island having animations or 2D Squeak
applications. I will present how to do this in future tutorial.

I am waiting an island created by you...

I am waiting an island created by you...

Re: Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

Americo Damasceno
Hi wfp!

A challenge for you: to do a simple island having some spheres of different
colors. Only this...

The challenge is extended for everybody :~)

The challenge is extended for everybody :~)

Re: Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

waufrepi III

hello all,

   it was a beautiful day here in the Boston area.....so I got to this a bit later than expected.

http://www.waufrepi.com/worlds/primaries.c3d

nothing lovely yet (still learning!) . please let me know if it works.

wfpi

On 3/22/08, waufrepi III <[hidden email]> wrote:
cool..... give me abit....still trying to hash through some things

On 3/22/08, Americo Fraga Damasceno Junior <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi wfp!

A challenge for you: to do a simple island having some spheres of different
colors. Only this...

The challenge is extended for everybody :~)

Re: Help in the tests of the DMU tutorials

Americo Damasceno
Congratulations wpfi! You are the winner of the challenge!

Your island is working very well.

Themisterious "ghost" appears for some seconds and have the appearanece of a
cat (cats are incarnations of the devil!!!) like everybody can see going to the
island or looking the figure:

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/wfpi0.jpg