Help with FFI's

Michael Patrick-2
Hello,

I would like to use Squeak to develop a MAC application that needs to access the address book and the calendar on a local machine.  I have been able to access these items with Objective C but I was wondering if there was a way that I can do it in Squeak.  I have read the information about FFI but this seems to not be supported in Squeak any more.  Can someone point me to a reference or tell me if this is not a good idea?

Thanks in advance,

Michael_______________________________________________
Beginners mailing list

Re: Help with FFI's

Bert Freudenberg
On 29.06.2014, at 01:43, Michael Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use Squeak to develop a MAC application that needs to access the address book and the calendar on a local machine.  I have been able to access these items with Objective C but I was wondering if there was a way that I can do it in Squeak.  I have read the information about FFI but this seems to not be supported in Squeak any more.  Can someone point me to a reference or tell me if this is not a good idea?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael

Using the Objective-C Bridge is likely a lot easier than FFI (which is only for C bindings):

        http://seandenigris.com/blog/?p=807

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment