HelpSystem now integrated

Torsten Bergmann
Hey, nice to see that HelpSystem was accepted and is now included
in both: Squeak trunk image and Pharo core image.

I adapted the class "HelpBrowser" in both images so that it
in Pharo the Squeak specific code is removed and in Squeak
the Pharo specific code is removed.
This was necessary in the past due to the morphic vs.
polymorph UI differences and is obsolete now.

Just update your image.

However - any other part is fully compatible and I hope we
can share as much documentation as possible!

Thanks
T.

Re: HelpSystem now integrated

Ian Trudel-2
Great news! Thanks to Michael, you and friends. ;)

Ian.
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/

Re: HelpSystem now integrated

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you Torsten for your diligent and persistent work in making this possible.

--Hannes

On 5/2/10, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey, nice to see that HelpSystem was accepted and is now included
> in both: Squeak trunk image and Pharo core image.
>
> I adapted the class "HelpBrowser" in both images so that it
> in Pharo the Squeak specific code is removed and in Squeak
> the Pharo specific code is removed.
> This was necessary in the past due to the morphic vs.
> polymorph UI differences and is obsolete now.
>
> Just update your image.
>
> However - any other part is fully compatible and I hope we
> can share as much documentation as possible!
>
> Thanks
> T.

Re: HelpSystem now integrated

Casey Ransberger-2
Torsten,

Going to the trouble to maintain HelpSystem in Squeak and in Pharo is IMHO above and beyond the call of duty: thank you. I think we're going to get some good mileage out of your creation!