Hey! It works under Fedora6 now!

Ric Moore
Thanks to the new release, it works with FC6! I had to change the file
permissions in CroquetCollaborative-1.0/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu/ directory
to allow it to run, but that was it. I used chmod 755 * to set the
permissions. I also had to do that with the startup shell "Croquet.sh"

Next I re-ran /usr/bin/nvidia-xconfig to insure the display settings
were up-to-date and fired it up. I saw the bunny rabbit for the first
time! I am getting rapidly flashing boxes within the display and do not
know where that is coming from.

The only complaints I see in the SqueakDebug.log is:
CroquetCollaborative-1.0]# more SqueakDebug.log
Working Dir /opt/CroquetCollabordate: #0]useMove:
UndefineArgumentaMessage: orary mouseMove: [300@200 301@200 mouse
Message>Receiverargs: or#([300@200 3seMove:00 mouseMove 17087]
MessagneReceiver's instance variables: ve: [300@200 301@200 mouseMove
17087]
>>sentToReceiverlookupClass: 0@2UndefinedObjecteMove 17087])7]
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstan- - - - - - - - - - - - -
AsyncScriptMessageSend(ScriptMessageSend)>>synchronousValueWithArguments:event:
[] in ScriptProcess>>newScript {[self privateRunMsg.  self suspend]}

It's complaining about the mouse moves? Any ideas? Thanks for your
efforts!! It's paying off. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net

Re: Hey! It works under Fedora6 now!

Paul Sheldon-2
This is great.

I resonate.

I remember my excitement at having my rabbit and barney jumping from one of
my
computers to another through wifi at home and then making the thing work at
the
Apple Computer store with multiple computers. You must feel even more proud.

I have a buddy physicist at Tx A and M who got depressed just installing
fedora
which you evidently have more glory in.

Maybe I should connect you two up and you could have fun.

I'd have to ask him, though; don't want to be in any way pushy
and sabotage possibilities.

The more folks not scared of this stuff, the more chance we'll start
building
virtual worlds for each other to visit.

One must face the heart of darkness to be fully human...

Re: Hey! It works under Fedora6 now!

Howard Stearns
This looks jumbled to me.
What does the debugger actually say?
Does this message help?: http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--croquet--Anyone-
want-to-Croquet-from-C5-in-Japan--tf3162787.html#a8773184

On Mar 8, 2007, at 10:41 AM, Ric Moore wrote:

> Thanks to the new release, it works with FC6! I had to change the file
> permissions in CroquetCollaborative-1.0/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu/
> directory
> to allow it to run, but that was it. I used chmod 755 * to set the
> permissions. I also had to do that with the startup shell "Croquet.sh"
>
> Next I re-ran /usr/bin/nvidia-xconfig to insure the display settings
> were up-to-date and fired it up. I saw the bunny rabbit for the first
> time! I am getting rapidly flashing boxes within the display and do
> not
> know where that is coming from.
>
> The only complaints I see in the SqueakDebug.log is:
> CroquetCollaborative-1.0]# more SqueakDebug.log
> Working Dir /opt/CroquetCollabordate: #0]useMove:
> UndefineArgumentaMessage: orary mouseMove: [300@200 301@200 mouse
> Message>Receiverargs: or#([300@200 3seMove:00 mouseMove 17087]
> MessagneReceiver's instance variables: ve: [300@200 301@200 mouseMove
> 17087]
>>> sentToReceiverlookupClass: 0@2UndefinedObjecteMove 17087])7]
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstan- - - - - - - - - - - - -
> AsyncScriptMessageSend(ScriptMessageSend)
> >>synchronousValueWithArguments:event:
> [] in ScriptProcess>>newScript {[self privateRunMsg.  self suspend]}
>
> It's complaining about the mouse moves? Any ideas? Thanks for your
> efforts!! It's paying off. Ric

> Linux user# 44256 Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
> http://www.wayward4now.net

Re: Hey! It works under Fedora6 now!

Bert Freudenberg
It is jumbled. Croquet uses CR line endings across platforms, so you
can't just "more" it on Linux.

Better attach the whole log file.

Also note that the debug log gets overwritten for each incident, it
only shows the stack trace of the last error.

- Bert -