Hi-DPI Check

marcel.taeumel (old)
Besides fonts and some generic abstraction in the image, I wanted to find out to which degree Squeak and its tools can cope with many pixels.

This is what I adapted to trunk: high-dpi.cs

You see, many hard-coded pixel-assumptions to fix. This is what I got:

hidpi-test-1.png

Looks promising. Monticello is broken. :-D

Best,
Marcel

Re: Hi-DPI Check

timrowledge

On 03-04-2015, at 11:42 AM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You see, many hard-coded pixel-assumptions to fix. This is what I got:
>
> hidpi-test-1.png <http://forum.world.st/file/n4817402/hidpi-test-1.png>
>
> Looks promising.

It does. Not quite so keen on the sorta-kinda shadow effects on the window frames though. I’ve never seen the point - a window desktop is *not* a 3D world. Unless of course it actually is, with all the extra excitement that brings.

tim
Strange OpCodes: RBT: Rewind and Break Tape

Re: Hi-DPI Check

marcel.taeumel (old)
Yeah, maybe only for the active windows, which is still hard to distinguish on a 27-inch screen with many open windows. :)

We need *real* shadow. :D

Best,
Marcel