High-Resolution Monitors

Colin Putney-3
Hi folks,

Does anybody know how to make Squeak look good on high resolution monitors? Using the latest VM and trunk image, it renders at half the resolution of the monitor and looks terrible as a result. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to tweak?

I've attached a screenshot - you need to view it at full size to see the effect.

Colin

Inline image 1

Re: High-Resolution Monitors

Tobias Pape

> On 12.06.2017, at 18:49, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anybody know how to make Squeak look good on high resolution monitors? Using the latest VM and trunk image, it renders at half the resolution of the monitor and looks terrible as a result. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to tweak?
>
> I've attached a screenshot - you need to view it at full size to see the effect.

https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/tree/krono/highdpi-v2

Ping me for an artifact.

I hadn't had time to merge things yet, sorry.

best regards
        -Tobias

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/tree/krono/highdpi-v2

Ping me for an artifact.

I hadn't had time to merge things yet, sorry.

Ah, ok. I'll try it out. Thanks!

Colin

Re: High-Resolution Monitors

Bert Freudenberg
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/tree/krono/highdpi-v2

Ping me for an artifact.

I hadn't had time to merge things yet, sorry.

Ah, ok. I'll try it out. Thanks!

​How about we merge this, but disabled behind a .plist / manifest flag? That way folks can easily enable it for themselves now. And then in some upcoming release we flip the flag, once the in-image changes to make it DPI-aware are landed.

- Bert -​