"Holder" morph and drag-select

Tim Johnson
Hi,

I am wondering about the "Holder" morph.  If I drag-select over it, it shrinks in size.  But not if I drag-select from the right-bottom of it.

To reproduce:  drag a Holder morph onto the desktop.  Hold down "shift" and left-click drag from below-and-left of the Holder.  Drag part way into the holder and then let go of the mouse button.  The holder should reduce its vertical  size by some amount.

Behavior becomes stranger if I first put a Rectangle into the Holder.

Is this the desired behavior?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: "Holder" morph and drag-select

dcorking
Tim Johnson wrote:

> Is this the desired behavior?

I doubt it. Before looking at the code, my guess is that this is a
side effect of the Holder's intended behavior of resizing to fit its
contents.

(Uncheck the vital 'resize to fit' option of a Holder, and the
strangeness goes away.)