How about a Camp Smalltalk etc on Vancouver Island?

How about a Camp Smalltalk etc on Vancouver Island?

timrowledge
Hi folks,
Sebastian & I have been talking about trying to organise a get together on the Island sometime. The first stage of that is to think of who is in the general region and might be interested; please think of anyone you can that might be added to our list and let us know. We also thought of perhaps trying to do a joint Smalltalk & Raspberry Pi meet, to see if we can generate some synergy.

If there is a small number - say up to 8 - then we could consider just having a house party at my place. The downstairs living room is large and light and we have much bandwidth. A bigger number might involve renting space somewhere.

It’s possible we might prefer to use somewhere in Victoria, rather than Qualicum Beach or even Nanaimo. Everything is up in the air for now.

tim
Useful random insult:- Lights are on but nobody's home.

Re: How about a Camp Smalltalk etc on Vancouver Island?

Jeff Gonis-2
Hi Everyone,

I would definitely be interested in a get together. Victoria would probably work out the best for me, but hey if I'm going all the way out there, what is little bit more of a trip?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: How about a Camp Smalltalk etc on Vancouver Island?

douglas mcpherson
Sounds really fun. I'm well down the coast from Vancouver Island but might be able to swing it.

Thanks,
Doug

On Apr 7, 2014, at 12:55 , tim Rowledge wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Sebastian & I have been talking about trying to organise a get together on the Island sometime. The first stage of that is to think of who is in the general region and might be interested; please think of anyone you can that might be added to our list and let us know. We also thought of perhaps trying to do a joint Smalltalk & Raspberry Pi meet, to see if we can generate some synergy.
>
> If there is a small number - say up to 8 - then we could consider just having a house party at my place. The downstairs living room is large and light and we have much bandwidth. A bigger number might involve renting space somewhere.
>
> It’s possible we might prefer to use somewhere in Victoria, rather than Qualicum Beach or even Nanaimo. Everything is up in the air for now.
>
> tim
> Useful random insult:- Lights are on but nobody's home.

Re: How about a Camp Smalltalk etc on Vancouver Island?

Frank Shearar-3
On 7 April 2014 20:55, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Sebastian & I have been talking about trying to organise a get together on the Island sometime. The first stage of that is to think of who is in the general region and might be interested; please think of anyone you can that might be added to our list and let us know. We also thought of perhaps trying to do a joint Smalltalk & Raspberry Pi meet, to see if we can generate some synergy.

I don't know if Avi Bryant lurks on the list, but if not, give him a
ping. He's only a few hours' row away...

frank