How can I get a morphic-less squeak on Unix ?

How can I get a morphic-less squeak on Unix ?

Ravi Mohan
Hi,
Is there any way I can get a morphicless(or close to
it) Squeak on Unix without porting the VM myself?

I can't find any documentation or  *comprehensive*
tutorials for Morphic and  all the smalltalk books I
have deal with MVC.

So couldn't I just open an MVC project and work there?
I tried. There's a bug that causes squeak to freeze in
an MNC project (see
http://bugs.squeak.org/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=5320
-apparently logged some time ago and there doesn't
seem to be  a fix).

If I could find a squeak version (an old one would be
fine) that ran MVC perfectly, that would be awesome. I
tried getting one form teh squeak site but the older
ones are all windows excutables.
 Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ravi

PS:  I really don't want to use Mrphic. It feels very
incomplete to me and is not well documented.

Re: How can I get a morphic-less squeak on Unix ?

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 8/30/07 4:56 AM, "Ravi Mohan" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi,
> Is there any way I can get a morphicless(or close to
> it) Squeak on Unix without porting the VM myself?
>
> I can't find any documentation or  *comprehensive*
> tutorials for Morphic and  all the smalltalk books I
> have deal with MVC.
>
> So couldn't I just open an MVC project and work there?
> I tried. There's a bug that causes squeak to freeze in
> an MNC project (see
> http://bugs.squeak.org/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=5320
> -apparently logged some time ago and there doesn't
> seem to be  a fix).
>
> If I could find a squeak version (an old one would be
> fine) that ran MVC perfectly, that would be awesome. I
> tried getting one form teh squeak site but the older
> ones are all windows excutables.
>  Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Ravi
>
> PS:  I really don't want to use Mrphic. It feels very
> incomplete to me and is not well documented.

The Squeak3.7-5989MVCK.4.image is MVC , could understand png,jpg,gif and
.mp3 and come with classical Ward Cunningham game for only 2.3 mb.

Have many enh of Boris Gaertner.

Only for today you could download from
ftp://elpelotero:elpelotero@200.3.221.198/Public/Squeak3.7-5989MVC.4.zip

You must get the appropriate VM.

But you should try Morphic , as no MVC images are used on Squeak world this
days.

Morphic is easy, on IRC many people could help you.

Edgar

Re: How can I get a morphic-less squeak on Unix ?

Chun, Sungjin
 I have my own MVC only image. If you need it Ican send it to you.
My image is based on 3.8.1 and with other "random" patches and improvements.

Reply me if you want this.

Re: How can I get a morphic-less squeak on Unix ?

Ravi Mohan

Thanks to all who offered images etc.
I managed to get an old Squeak (2.4) working. By
default there are no morphic instances open in this.
This should take acre of my needs for now.
Thanks again.

Regds,
Ravi

--- "S.J.Chun" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I have my own MVC only image. If you need it Ican
> send it to you.
> My image is based on 3.8.1 and with other "random"
> patches and improvements.
>
> Reply me if you want this.

Brad Fuller-2
On Thu August 30 2007, Ravi Mohan wrote:
> Thanks to all who offered images etc.
> I managed to get an old Squeak (2.4) working. By
> default there are no morphic instances open in this.
> This should take acre of my needs for now.
> Thanks again.

there are plenty of morph examples and tutorials. To get you started:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/792#Morphic
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1870
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1262
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1264