How can I prevent a new Morph from being stepped?

How can I prevent a new Morph from being stepped?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
My TextMorph subclass's>>step seems to be getting called before the object is ready - or at least that's what I pieced together from stepping through the debugger.

I tried adding the following to initialize :
        self stop.
        self stopStepping.
But step is still called.

Can I prevent the object from being stepped out of the gate, until I turn stepping on later?

Here is the code: MorphicSPD-spd.1.mcz
To cause the error, Doit: GrowableTextMorph new openInWorld.
The specific error is: 'UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #withIndexDo:'

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: How can I prevent a new Morph from being stepped?

Bert Freudenberg

On 04.06.2010, at 00:46, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Can I prevent the object from being stepped out of the gate, until I turn
> stepping on later?

Have wantsSteps return false.

Then you can start stepping later.

- Bert -

Re: How can I prevent a new Morph from being stepped?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bert Freudenberg wrote
Have wantsSteps return false.
Awesome, worked like a charm.  Thanks, Bert.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean