How do I debug the debugger?

tty

How do I debug the debugger?

tty
Hi all.

I am trying to track down this bug:

https://timmydosmalltalk.wordpress.com/2016/05/29/linux-64x64-squeak-cog-spur-display-problems/

I need to debug how that debugger window gets built.

ideas?

thx

Re: How do I debug the debugger?

Jakob Reschke-2
You could start by putting a breakpoint in Debugger
class>>morphicOpenOn:context:label:contents:fullView: or
ToolBuilder>>openDebugger:label:

Also save your image before you start your debugging attempt. The last
time I tried to debug the Debugger, stepping out of the original
context or, in general, pressing the wrong button at the wrong time
gave me countless more debuggers or froze the image. However, if you
only navigate through the ToolBuilder code, you might be better off.

tty

Re: How do I debug the debugger?

tty
Hi Jakob.

I just got into ToolBuilder and that is where the problem is.

Debugger >>buildFullWith:

I am able to make the windows that should be there jump and twitch

by not adding some windows to the pluggableWindowSpec components.

I will poke around pluggableWindowSpec now.

thx.

.

---- On Tue, 31 May 2016 16:40:51 -0400 Jakob Reschke<[hidden email]> wrote ----
You could start by putting a breakpoint in Debugger
class>>morphicOpenOn:context:label:contents:fullView: or
ToolBuilder>>openDebugger:label:

Also save your image before you start your debugging attempt. The last
time I tried to debug the Debugger, stepping out of the original
context or, in general, pressing the wrong button at the wrong time
gave me countless more debuggers or froze the image. However, if you
only navigate through the ToolBuilder code, you might be better off.

> Hi all.
>
> I am trying to track down this bug:
>
> https://timmydosmalltalk.wordpress.com/2016/05/29/linux-64x64-squeak-cog-spur-display-problems/
>

> I need to debug how that debugger window gets built.
>
> ideas?
>
> thx

Re: How do I debug the debugger?

marcel.taeumel
Hi, Timothy.

I would start by comparing method source code. Has the 64-bit version the same update map? What is the difference between a 32-bit trunk image with the latest update and a 64-bit trunk image with the latest update? Not sure how to diff this, though.... :-/

Best,
Marcel
tty

Re: How do I debug the debugger?

tty
Hi Marcel.

Where do I get this update map?

thx.

tty

---- On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 06:01:42 -0400 marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote ----
Hi, Timothy.

I would start by comparing method source code. Has the 64-bit version the
same update map? What is the difference between a 32-bit trunk image with
the latest update and a 64-bit trunk image with the latest update? Not sure
how to diff this, though.... :-/

Best,
Marcel

Re: How do I debug the debugger?

Levente Uzonyi
There's no 64-bit update map. 64-bit images use exactly the same code as
32-bit images do.

Levente