How do I get the subnet mask in squeak?

squeak.delta

 Hi Squeak-Fans!

I am new in programming squeak and I have the following problem:

I try to find all hosts, which are running a special squeak network program I wrote.

To do so I want to connect to all hosts in my subnet. If I am able to connect to one

it answers with a special message. To calculate the IP-addresses of all these hosts I

need the subnet mask and my IP-address, I think.

I know how to get my IP in squeak, but I do not know how to get the subnet mask.

So my question is, is there a possibility in squeak to determine the current subnet mask?

Thanks for your help,

best regards.

WEB.DE MillionenKlick: Kostenlos tippen, täglich 1 Million gewinnen!
http://produkte.web.de/go/07/

Re: How do I get the subnet mask in squeak?

Karl Ramberg
On 2010-01-13 17:32, [hidden email] wrote:

 Hi Squeak-Fans!

I am new in programming squeak and I have the following problem:

I try to find all hosts, which are running a special squeak network program I wrote.

To do so I want to connect to all hosts in my subnet. If I am able to connect to one

it answers with a special message. To calculate the IP-addresses of all these hosts I

need the subnet mask and my IP-address, I think.

I know how to get my IP in squeak, but I do not know how to get the subnet mask.

So my question is, is there a possibility in squeak to determine the current subnet mask?

Thanks for your help,

best regards.

Hi
take a look at the NetMorph image that have this capability:

http://swikis.ddo.jp/NetMorph

Karl